Just got back from range.

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by dougster, Apr 29, 2012.

1. dougster

dougster New Member

Just got back from the range with my new Smith and Wesson 22A. The first mags were shooting high and left but consistently. It took me about 50 or 60 rounds to get the sights dialed in. After that I was able to get some pretty good shooting in.

Also shot the G19. Put 50 rounds down range.

2. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Any pics of your groupings?

3. dougster

dougster New Member

This was the first group. Most were right.

image-1686443959.jpg

After getting dialed in. I was able to get some in the middle.

image-15275634.jpg

4. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

nice grouping! How many feet? :)

5. dougster

dougster New Member

15 to 20 feet

6. Lovethyglock

Lovethyglock New Member

Just a question. I always shoot just left and just low by a few inches. I'm very consistent though. I have put about 1000 rounds through it and have always shot in very tight groups but about 2 inches low and left. I have let a few other people shoot it and they have the exact same issue. Is it possible that my night sights were put on just outta place a little. They look centered but like I said from 25 feet I'm always just off.

7. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

My sights are the same way except to the right. I've just never fooled with it. Up to about 15 yds, mine is spot on. If I have to shoot anybody further away than that, I will have some serious explaining to do to the cops lol.

8. dougster

dougster New Member

I had the same problem but it was caused by my long fingers wrapping around the trigger and pushing the muzzle left and down. Try putting less finger on the trigger. Back off a half a digit and see if that helps.

Or the sights could really be off. Haha

9. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

How's that LIMBSAVER grip working out?

10. dougster

dougster New Member

Loving it. Not only does it help help with the grip but it also feels more comfortable in the IWB holster and gives a bit of hold on the leather to prevent movement.

Not sure if it has helped my shooting but I love it so far. Thanks again!

11. Lovethyglock

Lovethyglock New Member

Thanks I'll try that next weekend. Since my grouping is always real tight I have just dealt with it, but it would be nice to be spot on. Thanks again