Just diagnosed with Crohns Desease

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BLCKWLF, Apr 11, 2012.

1. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Just got back from the hospital. I have been diagnosed with Crohns. While I won't get into detail about the condition I will tell you this, it has no cure. This is a big deal and I figured the more prayer, insight, and help I can get, the better. Any input would be greatly appreciated. (feel free to Wiki the condition). If you or anyone you know has Crohns, feel free to help me out with questions.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Sorry to hear that...

3. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Sorry to hear about that bro. Ill ask for a prayer from my church. Stay strong brother.

4. My step brother has been dealing with Crohns for a long time... not fun at all. I wish you the best brother. Stay positive and live life to the fullest.

5. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

My prayers are with you.

6. ChromeDome

ChromeDome New Member

Stay positive. It may not have a cure, but it is manageable.

7. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Exactly. Many of us have permanent injuries and/or diseases. I'm sure it is not fun some of the time, but keep a positive attitude and it will all work out for you.

8. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

My wife's cousin has it, has had for a few years now. Aside from getting some type of treatment every month or so he lives a normal full life.

9. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

This is what i have seen as well. I know several folks with Crohns and they manage quite well. Just hang in there and do what you need to do to take care of yourself. We are all here to support each other.

10. Green-Water

Green-Water New Member

Will be praying for you.

11. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I have corhns and I have lost 13 inches of my large intestine about 7 years ago. Almost died on the operating table. I was Laying on the couch one night got up and my intestine exploded. Worst pain I have ever felt. Lots better now they cut out all of it but just found out a year ago it back. Now I'm on 23 pills a day and no red meat yeah right :)

12. Blades

Blades Senior Member

I had Ulcertive Colitis and understand a little of what you are going through. Prayer sent.