Glock Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good deal or not. Friend has a tough financial time and is selling a pistol. Getting it this afternoon. It is a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm with case and four 17 round magazines for $250. It has had 1,250 rounds through it. Hope she likes it.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Way to take care of the Mrs. Casey. I hope she loves it. If she would like to talk with other women gun owners, we would love to have her in the Women's Forum on here. Several of our Ladies have other guns instead of Glocks.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He's still armed. Maybe I'll kiss him after he sells the pistol.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me, as long as the pistol itself is in good working order.

Uhm....now that you are buying her a gun, you realize you will have to behave now, don't you? :p:D

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She is dead on with her .38 already.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Congrats now your ammo costs just doubled! :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I am a school teacher and work with several utility officers. I am frequently the recipient of left over range ammo they are given to qualify with. This is why I never cared about shooting 40 S&W because I bought 1 box for every three I shot during the school year. Wish some local law enforcement agencies around here used 9mm.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shot about 180 rounds through the Beretta with no hickups. Seems like a great pistol so far.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I truly hope your wife like the pistol, but my experience after 31 years of marriage, is to have HER pick out her guns.

I can't count how many guns I brought home for her just to have her hold it or shoot a few rounds, had it back to me and say she didn't like it.

The guns she picks she likes.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She really enjoys it. Problem is, the few times she would join me at the range in the past she would shoot her 38 some and other guns a few times. The first time we took out the Beretta PX4 Storm, she shot a ton. Having four 17 round magazines of rapid fire fun is a little different than 5 rounds of 38. 9mm may cost half as much as 38, but when you shoot three to four times as much, there goes any savings we may have had.

Not only does she like it, she has already begun showing the gun owner pride of ownership. We all know that feeling, where your gun is better than others because it is yours. Hearing her say that her PX4 Storm has four 17 round magazines and my Nano only has three 6 round magazines was kinda cute. Besides, I have a Glock 22 and four 15 round magazines of my own to feed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
She really enjoys it. Problem is, the few times she would join me at the range in the past she would shoot her 38 some and other guns a few times. The first time we took out the Beretta PX4 Storm, she shot a ton. Having four 17 round magazines of rapid fire fun is a little different than 5 rounds of 38. 9mm may cost half as much as 38, but when you shoot three to four times as much, there goes any savings we may have had.

Not only does she like it, she has already begun showing the gun owner pride of ownership. We all know that feeling, where your gun is better than others because it is yours. Hearing her say that her PX4 Storm has four 17 round magazines and my Nano only has three 6 round magazines was kinda cute. Besides, I have a Glock 22 and four 15 round magazines of my own to feed.
I'm glad to hear it. I hope you both have a blast. I would still kep her in the loop when buying HER a gun.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Good call! PX4 is a good pistol and if she likes to shoot you now have a great shooting partner and she may begin to understand add'l purchases! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts