Oregon June GSSF match

Discussion in 'North West USA' started by Silver-Bolt, May 15, 2013.

1. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

That's what I figure....I'll be as nervous as anything, but it will be fun!

2. Silver-Bolt

Silver-Bolt Well-Known Member

Do it! You won't regret it one bit. It's a great way to practice your skills and get a little taste of shooting competitions. Yesterday I shot at the Albany club and it is amazing. Planning to shoot down there as much as possible. Great place and great people.

3. Silver-Bolt

You really should do it. There is no pressure during the event and you can shoot at your own pace. You will see very good shooters as well as brand new shooters. They want to make sure that you have a SAFE and fun time. They deliver that very well.

I am no pro but have and do shoot a lot. I would be happy to help/coach anyone through the event. It's more fun to shoot the stages as a group rather than solo. Watching others shoot first is a great way to learn. Discussing the stage before and after is a big help as well. If anyone wants to caravan down or meet at the match let me know. My wife will be going but not planning to shoot it.

4. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

I think that would be great....it would be nice to have some pointers before shooting a stage. My husband and I will be going down...maybe we can meet there.

5. MissPistol

MissPistol New Member

I may take you up on that

I just filled out my application to GSSF and fee for the Albany match. It goes intothe mail tomorrow!

6. Silver-Bolt

Awesome! Trying to convince my wife to shoot it. She is a very new shooter. I think a couple of more trips to the range and she just may do it. The range is very easy to find. Exit 228 off I-5. Which day is everyone planning shoot? We can do either.

7. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

She should do it! I'm certainly no expert but I'm going anyway. When I watched the match at Dundee the were some very inexperienced shooters there but they looked like they were having a great time. I have to check my work schedule to see what day I'm going to go.