Glock Firearms banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Legitimate Combatant
5,286 Posts
I've been sure to check in weekly,I don't think even ole Gaston knows more about the Glock trigger.
Been following Johnny for a long time.
A bit strange but aren't we all!
Gaston was most likely looking for functional in the day.
The mods will come from others in time no matter the platform.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Here's another mans take on the Timmney.

Reactions: Olga17 and Danzig

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Taran Butler has fallen in love with the Timney.
It does appear as if the Timney is the bees knees for the Glock trigger.

Reactions: Danzig and Greywood

·
Low speed High drag
2,481 Posts
Well I'm sold....lol! I run a TTI Grandmaster spring kit in my 19 along with TTI non captured oversized guide rod with 14lb spring,TTI sights and +5 base,and an overwatch precision safety plunger. My trigger pull is 1.7lbs and I love it. Now if TTI is saying that this new trigger is all that then I guess I gotta get 1 eventually.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Timney Glock Polymer80 And Nomad Trigger Johnny Glocks Combat Conversion

Reactions: Danzig

·
Low speed High drag
2,481 Posts
That Omega trigger service looks pretty damn cool! I got a light trigger but still have a good amount of travel.
Anyone know what gauge he is using in the video? I had a local gun shop check mine with a digital gauge and I think it may have been off. I think my trigger is 2lbs not 1.7lbs.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Lol...I've never noticed. Maybe because I like loose comfortable clothes.
I'll second that notion, be comfortable and if you are Johnny thanks for the education..

Reactions: elk creek

·
Registered
68 Posts
Been waiting to shoot at least 500 rds thru my Poly 80 to see if it would be worth the $150 to put in a Timney trigger over the ...in my opinion a very good OEM Poly 80 trigger. Having shot a Glock 19 with a Timney trigger yesterday ....yep it is going to be worth it! Smooth and crisp...and that was with an OEM connector. I have a Black Yikes connector and wonder if that can even make a better difference.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
I'm running a Timney Alpha Glock trigger on my G19.5 and I love it. It was a bit sticky at first, but after 200 rounds it's smoothed out - it's like glass. I've only tried stock Glock triggers, Agency Arms triggers and Arsenal Democracy triggers so I haven't tried them all, nor do I want to. But I have to say I love my Timney Alpha.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a Timney Alpha in my IDPA ESP gun, a G34.4. Love the trigger, it really is a game changer. When I was setting it up I tried several different connectors. The connectors didn’t really make much difference in perceived pull weight, but did make a difference in the feel of the trigger. I ended up using an OEM dot connector because it gave a crisper break than any of the others that I normally would use.
I initially had problems with a weak reset. The solution is to get rid of as much friction as possible in the trigger group. Careful tuning of the connector angle will make a huge difference in the reset and in the overall feel of the trigger.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts