Glock Firearms banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
35,763 Posts
Back up to the first video.
Well it looks like Johnny Glock did what I was thinking, made the Timney trigger as good as a 1911.
Kudos to Johnny Glock, most competitors/YouTubers would find ways to bash or find fault with the Timney.
No doubt that a gen5 trigger will be forthcoming.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’ve tried a number of aftermarket triggers in my Glocks including a Johnny Glock drop in, and have had problems with all of them. I’m currently running basically stock triggers with all Glock parts in all of my pistols, including my competition only Glocks.
Always the optimist though, I just ordered a Timney trigger for my G34.4 that I shoot in IDPA ESP. Time will tell...

Chuck

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m a noob.... I dry fire 5 out of 7 days a week. Go to the range once a month due to ammo cost. Trying to get into USPSA. I use Taran Tactical Grandmaster Trigger kit. I really like the pull poundage. I have shot my buddy STI a few times and WOW. I’m looking for the last piece to find the perfect Glock trigger. I’ve read every review on every aftermarket trigger out there. All have mixed reviews. Not enough to me to buy. This Timney has me excited.

·
Super Moderator
70,920 Posts
I have Apex and Agency Arms triggers in most of my Glocks and really like them. I have never had any problems at all. I will be ordering the Timney trigger soon for either my extra G19.3 or my G19.4. Both of these are still bone stock. Looking forward to trying the new Timney after watching the videos. I found them very educational on this new trigger system.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Agreed Danzig!
[/QUOTE]
Let me be the first to second Danzig's sentiment, or slow as usual third it.

·
Super Moderator
61,271 Posts
I’m a noob.... I dry fire 5 out of 7 days a week. Go to the range once a month due to ammo cost. Trying to get into USPSA. I use Taran Tactical Grandmaster Trigger kit. I really like the pull poundage. I have shot my buddy STI a few times and WOW. I’m looking for the last piece to find the perfect Glock trigger. I’ve read every review on every aftermarket trigger out there. All have mixed reviews. Not enough to me to buy. This Timney has me excited.
Dry fire 90% of the time and live fire 10% of the time and you will be proficient.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Reactions: Danzig

·
Legitimate Combatant
3,163 Posts
Another video from Johnny Glocks.

I have never really worked much on the striker in the past.
Today I took the time to work on two different Glocks.
Polishing the striker and the firing pin safety was an eye opener today.
This took a G26 HD gun from 4.5lb right down to 3.5lb consistently.
Also a G17 compensated from 4lb to a steady 3lb pull.
Both were tested with mags loaded with 5 snap caps, twice.
These numbers don't drift all over the scale either.

Just thought to share!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Another video from Johnny Glocks.

I have never really worked much on the striker in the past.
Today I took the time to work on two different Glocks.
Polishing the striker and the firing pin safety was an eye opener today.
This took a G26 HD gun from 4.5lb right down to 3.5lb consistently.
Also a G17 compensated from 4lb to a steady 3lb pull.
Both were tested with mags loaded with 5 snap caps, twice.
These numbers don't drift all over the scale either.

Just thought to share!
Olga
Polishing those items and the addition of a reduced power FP/Striker safety spring make such a noticeable difference and that's the only reduced power spring I use in the outcome.

Polishing the trigger bar and cruciform/birds beak along with the connector as he instructs makes for a dramatic improvement.
The other item I use is a Serpico milled ABS flat trigger shoe replacing the OEM shoe, which changes the pull geometry,producing reduced pre travel and shortening the reset distance. Using all polished stock components to include the 5.5 unmarked connector, done according to Johnny Glock's instructions. I've found what I want in the way of a Glock trigger and have set 4 up using that method and parts.

I also built one of his trigger jigs to allow me to polish and make his modifications with out having to install/unistall them time after time in the frame, until they are the way I want them, it's especially handy for polishing and adjusting the bend on the connectors to tune them. I'll see if I can find that video where he shows his trigger jig and the use of it.

Found it.

Glock Trigger Shoe removal EDUCATIONAL ONLY

Reactions: Olga17

·
Legitimate Combatant
3,163 Posts
producing reduced pre travel and shortening the reset distance
I drill a pin in the ejector housing to shorten the pretravel.
This involves modifying the trigger safety etc.

I've drilled and tapped ejector housings to adjust for post travel/reset.
Personally I am happy with the existing post travel in most Glocks.

I'll use a lighter connector with a 6lb trigger spring.
Even a lighter safety plunger spring.
I always keep the stock striker springs.

·
Registered
Glock, Sig, H&K, etc.
3 Posts
I'm very intrigued by the Timney having a sear rather than a connector. I've been using an Overwatch TAC trigger with the OEM stock Gen 4 connector. I've tried numerous aftermarket connectors, but I prefer a defined wall with a crisp break and the Gen 4 connector is the best I've found so far. Hopefully I will be able to find a local gun shop that carries the Timney because I would really like to try it out.

Southlake - Super Moderator, After seeing your icon image and user name, I was wondering if Southlake was in reference to an area in the southern part of Lake County, FL. I grew up in the Clermont area and that area was often referred to as Southlake. In fact, there's a high school called Southlake High School. Just curious.

·
Super Moderator
61,271 Posts
I'm very intrigued by the Timney having a sear rather than a connector. I've been using an Overwatch TAC trigger with the OEM stock Gen 4 connector. I've tried numerous aftermarket connectors, but I prefer a defined wall with a crisp break and the Gen 4 connector is the best I've found so far. Hopefully I will be able to find a local gun shop that carries the Timney because I would really like to try it out.

Southlake - Super Moderator, After seeing your icon image and user name, I was wondering if Southlake was in reference to an area in the southern part of Lake County, FL. I grew up in the Clermont area and that area was often referred to as Southlake. In fact, there's a high school called Southlake High School. Just curious.
You are very close. I am from Southlake, Texas. I transplanted to a barrier island off the east coast of Florida 7 years ago.

·
Registered
Glock, Sig, H&K, etc.
3 Posts
Interesting, I moved from Clermont over to Merritt Island in 2014 but ended up building a new home in a small town just north of Clermont in 2017. I still make it over that way on a regular basis to visit with friends.

If you're over on the east coast I'm guessing you've probably been to B&H looking at Glocks at some point in time. That's were I purchased my G19 Gen 4. I was surprised at the number of firearms manufacturers in that area. You've got Knight Armament in Titusville. Diamondback and KelTec are in Cocoa. SCCY is just up the road in Daytona.

·
Super Moderator
61,271 Posts
Interesting, I moved from Clermont over to Merritt Island in 2014 but ended up building a new home in a small town just north of Clermont in 2017. I still make it over that way on a regular basis to visit with friends.

If you're over on the east coast I'm guessing you've probably been to B&H looking at Glocks at some point in time. That's were I purchased my G19 Gen 4. I was surprised at the number of firearms manufacturers in that area. You've got Knight Armament in Titusville. Diamondback and KelTec are in Cocoa. SCCY is just up the road in Daytona.
Thanks, I am down in South Florida, Palm Beach County, The Home of The Ex-President!;););)

·
Registered
Glock, Sig, H&K, etc.
3 Posts
That's a very nice area. I used to fish in a lot offshore tournaments up and down the east and west coast. One of my favorite places to fish out of was Sailfish Marina. That area and south are nice to fish out of because you can be in 300 ft of water just off the beach. Go up north to the St. Augustine area and you have to go out 30-40 miles to get in deep water.

·
Super Moderator
61,271 Posts
I think we have thread drifted a little. If you want to start an intro thread, we can chat there.
That's a very nice area. I used to fish in a lot offshore tournaments up and down the east and west coast. One of my favorite places to fish out of was Sailfish Marina. That area and south are nice to fish out of because you can be in 300 ft of water just off the beach. Go up north to the St. Augustine area and you have to go out 30-40 miles to get in deep water.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts