JAMMED from Winchester 100 round value pack

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by Kord, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Kord

Kord New Member

1st time its ever done this and i havnt even put 500 rounds threw it brand new glock 19 3rd gen

Attached Files:

2. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Welcome to the forum! We've been hearing quite a few stories similar to yours about white box.

3. Kord

Kord New Member

Yea this is the 1st time and i had a buddy out with me and i was telling him glock is one of the most reliable guns out there man it was a disappointment to me in front of him :\

4. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Don't blame the gun! It's obviously a failure to extract issue, and (I assume) you haven't had this happen too often before. Now if this happens more and more often, it could be the extractor. But given the ammo, this most likely solves your problem.

5. Kord

Kord New Member

Yea 1st time and it went threw the rest of the 100 fine and i clean the gun every time i shoot so it wasn't cuz it was dirty ether

6. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Now that I look at the picture, do you still have the casing? It looks odd to me. It could be because I'm using the mobile app and can't blow up the picture very well, but if you still have it, I would like to see it

7. Kord

Kord New Member

Its out in my field lol

8. Kord

Kord New Member

Ill go look tomorrow and see if any are messed up tho

9. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Sounds good. Let us know what you find.

10. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

I have been having a bunch of that garbage happen with WWB lately. I wonder if they have changed how they make their ammo because I never used to have issues with it.

11. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Was at the LGS last night. The showed me a .38 special round that came out of a NEW box of WInchester ammo (NON White box). It had a huge crease and a dent in it that folded the round so it was noticeably shorter and crooked. The pallet nor the box were damaged.

They remarked that QC on even the non white box ammo has been down in recent memory. They routinely get rounds that have loose bullets, crooked mountings, dented cases, and dinged primers.

I also wouldn't be surprised if it's a WWB ammo issue and not the gun.

As has been stated before, if you start running into this problem consistently, THEN start looking at the extractor on the gun.

D

12. thinkricky

thinkricky Member Supporter

Has happened to me too. Same gun. Same ammo. Bummer. I was disappointed too. but I was told it was not the gun it's the ammo.

13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum Kord...!!

I moved your thread from Announcements & Support to the correct subforum for your subject matter...Ammo & Reloading !!

14. brettc

brettc New Member

I had a similar problem with wwb in my sigma recently, switched ammo and 100 rounds later (with Winchester ranger)zero problems. I'm staying away from white box for a little. I switched to American eagle for my G26 too.

15. Kord

Kord New Member

Yea i wasn't putting the gun down at all was just letting all you guys know what was happing out there and i did find a creased casing pic will be posted soon

16. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Do you think it was creased because of the FTE or the manufacturer?

17. Kord

Kord New Member

Im not sure man

18. Had a FTF with Winchester white box 9mm today. Bought 200 rounds for the range while at Walmart because it was a good price. And out of the 200 rounds I had one round fail to fire. I've never experienced this before. Of course it made me a little nervous at the time it happened.
    But I was able to safely eject it after giving a little time to be sure. Not cool though.

19. Also, the guy at the range told me I could have probably reloaded it and try again, but I was not interested in a second try. Just didn't seem safe to me.