Jack Ross Ammo

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by greg, May 29, 2012.

1. greg

greg New Member

Anybody know if Jack Ross is still in business ? I have had an order open with them for six weeks now. They do not answer the phone or reply to emails.

2. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

They're still in business, according to they're Facebook page they are just finishing up moving to another location.

3. IPG19

IPG19 New Member

Yes they are I just went yesterday to look at the place and the owner was a cool guy also hid mother in law. I got a tour of the place and wow they are behind but the amount of rounds that go through that place is amazing especially with the new reloading machines they got and also they have a couple on order and on the way. I put an order for 2k round but I am willing to wait I can always spend a few bucks more and buy winchester but I like jack Ross ammo just as well

4. greg

greg New Member

85 days since I placed my order. Has been over a month since I have been able to get any response from them. Last response was "If it was mid April I would say about a month. I can however bump you up a few as you have been in close contact with us and I want to do my best to get it to you!" Come on guys, please bump harder !!!

5. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Whoa! Don't know of the wait is worth the savings..

6. greg

greg New Member

As I often have to remind my vendors, "low price don't mean diddly if you can't deliver". I know all about production problems, but it looks like they are filling orders to ranges. It also looks like they are filling those order with product that should be filling orders place months earlier on their web site.

7. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Yeah they are having huge problems filling orders. They should have stopped their website before moving as I have heard similar frustrations on other forums. I like the prices but they are making people wait a long time for thier ammo especially since people are buying 1000's of rounds.

8. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I canceled my order of 500 rounds of 40cal after a couple months wait. It then took several emails and phone calls along with a couple weeks for them to re-credit my card for the purchase price.

9. One of my roomies placed an order with Jack Ross Ammo. He was told it would take about six weeks. That was over 2 months ago, and still no delivery, no contact from them at all. Great prices, but how many new or repeat customers can they really expect with wait times like this?

They won't be getting repeat business from my roomie, or a first time order from me unless and until they get it together. I admit to visiting their website fairly often, getting a good laugh every time I click on a caliber to see that they are still out of stock and will not take more internet orders. Especially given that on their home page it says in big friendly letters "Get Ammo Now!" Maybe they are suggesting you get your ammo at the LGS until they figure out how to make some. At this rate, they're going to end up with more loading machines than customers.

Their prices are great but soon as you have to go to the LGS for an ammo supplement because your order hadn't arrived, the cost savings has been lost along with your trust in the vendor. Roommate got a great deal - he paid for 1,200 rounds of ammo, and came home with the 200 he bought at the LGS. Some savings. Am fully expecting he ends up buying 1,000 rounds from the LGS, shoots it all, and still finds the Jack Ross Ammo order not delivered.

It's interesting that in order to get backlog updates, my roomate had to join their Facebook page. Guess they're more interested getting likes and updating their Facebook status than loading actual ammo for their customers or updating their actual website with info, where customers place orders if they are able to.

Know this probably reads like a rant, and I guess it is, mainly because I'd love to be a customer of thiers, but not as the way things currently are with them as a company. Good value is much more encompassing than just a price point, Jack Ross Ammo.

10. mrfirearm

mrfirearm New Member

I ve been waiting sence march so about 5 months no reply to my e-mails or calls would love my money back but i don't see it happening good to know he's taking care of the people that live near him and F-ing everone else. don't want to hear about his problems he sure didn't have a problem stealing my money.

11. Same with my roomates. They've been waiting over 4 months for their ammo order to show up. They've emailed, they've posted on Jack Ross' Facebook page (when it's up and running) this entire time with zero response at all. They can not contest the charge on the card because their CC company only lets them challenge charges in the past 90 days. I would never recommend Jack Ross Ammo to anyone. They do not care about customer service, nor do they care about filling an order at all nevermind filling an order in a timely fashion.

12. Maybe they should rename themselves: Nuknfuts Ammo

13. sawfiler

sawfiler New Member

when someone sells a product of any kind that is available from many other sources, to me at the end of the day all they really have to sale me is SERVICE.

14. Bumping the thread. Roommates have been waiting for an order of ammo from these guys since April and still no delivery after 8 months with zero replies to phone calls, emails, and facebook messages. They've given up trying to get either the ammo or a refund.

15. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Holy crap I've completely forgotten about these people. Thanks for the update

16. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Under NV law, this is specific nonperformance or (because they refuse to contact) fraudulent misrepresentation.

17. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I got lucky and got a refund early. This place looked promising and fell apart quickly

18. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Wow glad I did not order from them I was about to a few months back.

19. Roommates decided it wasn't worth the cost in terms of their time lost in order to pursue.