Glock Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I'm planning to use an IWB holster for CC, would it be alright to wear that holster at the range to get practice in with? Or would that be looked down upon because of cant or something. Or should I bite the bullet so to speak and get and IWB for CC and practice at home and OWB for the range?

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
GEN4G19 said:
If I'm planning to use an IWB holster for CC, would it be alright to wear that holster at the range to get practice in with? Or would that be looked down upon because of cant or something. Or should I bite the bullet so to speak and get and IWB for CC and practice at home and OWB for the range?
Depends on the range, we would allow it here at Ben Avery here in AZ. Some don't allow you to draw from holsters, some, like Ben Avery, will allow strong side belt or thigh holsters, as long as the person can demonstrate a safe draw to a range master, and they have to stand on the firing line, not back on the concrete pad.

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
The indoor range I go to usually doesn't allow it, however if you are a member and they get to know you and see that you are a safe shooter, the'll make an exception for certain times of day when they are not busy.
Generally however, most outdoor ranges that I know of do allow you to practice your draw/fire routine on specified ranges.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts