Glock Forum banner

IWB carry and love handles

10K views 35 replies 23 participants last post by  smith1j 
#1 ·
ok while not obese I have some middle age spread going on. I have never carried IWB but want to. Is there some recomendations for a IWB that would be comfortable for someone with my build.

#27 · (Edited)
For me it's the Foxx IWB holster, although I have modified it a bit. I wear business dress attire at work, thus tucked in shirt and slacks, so my belt shows, and most IWB tuckable holsters come with j-hook clips to hold the holster to the belt. These are too visible, and people look twice when they see them. I went to the cross breed site and they have a Velcro clip and a gun belt with sewn in velcro on the inside of the belt. The clips conceal behind the belt without exposing the lip of the clip, and the hold is great. The belt is very high in quality, and it packs my loaded G19 around from sun up to bed time...I absolutely love it. The crossbreed clips mount right to my Foxx holster just fine. I do with the Foxx guys would do something similar further clip options.

As for the love handles, I don't have much to speak of (6'-2" and 210 pounds), but I do like my belt tight, so it presses in pretty well, and I don't see any print issues.,

#29 ·
For me it's the Foxx IWB holster, although I have modified it a bit. I wear business dress attire at work, thus tucked in shirt and slacks, so my belt shows, and most IWB tuckable holsters come with j-hook clips to hold the holster to the belt. These are too visible, and people look twice when they see them. I went to the cross breed site and they have a Velcro clip and a gun belt with sewn in velcro on the inside of the belt. The clips conceal behind the belt without exposing the lip of the clip, and the hold is great. The belt is very high in quality, and it packs my loaded G19 around from sun up to bed time...I absolutely love it. The crossbreed clips mount right to my Foxx holster just fine. I do with the Foxx guys would do something similar further clip options.

As for the love handles, I don't have much to speak of (6'-2" and 20 pounds), but I do like my belt tight, so it presses in pretty well, and I don't see any print issues.,
20 lbs is awful light for 6'2" don't you think?? :p You wouldn't have the manufacturer of that would you or a link??

#30 ·
dutchs said:
20 lbs is awful light for 6'2" don't you think?? :p You wouldn't have the manufacturer of that would you or a link??
Yeah, saw that...fixed now...should say 6'-2" and 210 pounds...haven't weighed 20 pounds for a few years now ;-). Although I could say 20 pounds of love handles and wouldn't be too far off!!! HAHAHA

#31 ·
Yeah, saw that...fixed now...should say 6'-2" and 210 pounds...haven't weighed 20 pounds for a few years now ;-). Although I could say 20 pounds of love handles and wouldn't be too far off!!! HAHAHA
You wouldn't have the manufacturer of that would you or a link??:confused::D

#32 ·
dutchs said:
You wouldn't have the manufacturer of that would you or a link??:confused::D
Sorry about that, see the link below

http://crossbreedholsters.com/Super...efault.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName

The Velcro V clip is the item I am referring to. It attaches to my Foxx holster just fine, is tuckable, and completely conceals.

The photos are a bit tough to get a good angle, but hope they help!!!

P.S. the black strip on the belt is sewn in Velcro. It is the belt offered by cross breed. Really high quality construction, and works great...I'd advise you get it as well.

Attachments

#34 ·
I am 6,3 and 280 i have been wearing a ghost iwb holster, well i only have my mine for 2 days. My only problem is what my wife call the "ass less wonder". So i often have problems with my pants sagging, but with the weight of my 19 and hydrashock 147. But the ghost holster sits really well.

#35 ·
I'm 6' and 270 with a 38" waist. Not skinny at all. Thing of it is, I have some pretty big love handles for my size. So I've been looking through holsters like crazy, trying to figure out what would work best. I ended up ordering Remoras and just got them in today.

What sold me was how you can put it pretty well where you want it. That way I can get it to where it feels right, you know? And they're inexpensive to boot, $56.21 shipped for both in the picture. We ended up ordering the options as follows on both holsters:

"Artemis" cut - easier to grip for your draw. The purpose of a holster is to hold your pistol until it's ready to be drawn. I can't see the logic in not getting this cut
No reinforced top- I can understand the why's behind it. I don't see that I'd needed it at all. Plus Remora says it's less comfortable. So yeah, no thanks.
Mag pouch- this fall's hottest fashion accessory is spare mags
No sweat guard- If I wanted a gun that needed to babied I'd have gotten a 1911. Not concerned about the steel touching my skin.

So yeah, I'm pleased all in all. The wife's not a fan of the mag pouch (makes it a bit too wide on her), so I'm probably going to need to get her one without it. That's ok though, I can use this one either for her for a car holster or use it as a good excuse to get my own baby glock (w00t)!

The top one in the pic if a 10P-ART on my G19. Bottom one is a 6G-P-ART on the wife's G26.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.