Glock Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I just put some gen 3 parts into my primary machine slide. Worked perfect with my gen 2 parts.

I used from Glock store:
6209-938 9mm LCI bearing
6200-9mm 9mm extractor LCI
6122 extractor depressor plunger spring

Used the same, and a spare metal plunger rod.

Glock now doesn’t hand cycle ammo. Failure to go into battery, have to tap slide. Very hard to cycle by hand, rounds getting caught and difficulty ejecting from chamber.

pistol hand cycled buttery smooth before. Smoothest cycling Glock I’ve had, when it was all gen 2 and with the primary machine slide.

The parts I’m using are from my 1993 g19. So they are well used with over 2k from me on that pistol.

do not have time to go to range today. Will try them at the range and see how they work unless anyone has any ideas before hand.

any ideas?

unsure why there is discoloration to the metal. Not seen that in my other extractors.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This part could be too long.
Tried the gen 3 extractor, plunger and spring assembly from a friends g19 gen 3. Same issue oddly enough. His is low round count, but no different.

I guess I’ll just have to try it at the range and see. I remember my 2 gen 5’s I had were super hard to extract by hand but functioned perfectly.

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
Gen 2 and 3 are the same parts. There is no difference on the plunger or the spring, just the bearing. Non LCI extractor uses a non LCI bearing, LCI extractor uses a LCI bearing. LCI is the longer one. Your picture shows a non LCI extractor.

Non LCI bearing

LCI bearing

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gen 2 and 3 are the same parts. There is no difference on the plunger or the spring, just the bearing. Non LCI extractor uses a non LCI bearing, LCI extractor uses a LCI bearing. LCI is the longer one. Your picture shows a non LCI extractor.

Non LCI bearing

LCI bearing
That’s a LCI extractor, was paired with correct LCI plunger. Could just be lighting. But it’s got the step out on the side for the LCI and the angle that the gen 2 90° one doesn’t have.

I made sure not to have the parts mixed up, plungers got paired correctly with extractors. Tried 2 extractors as well and same result.

Also, for my friends gen 3 parts I tried, his extractor has same discoloration in the center of it.

·
Registered
991 Posts
That’s a LCI extractor, was paired with correct LCI plunger. Could just be lighting. But it’s got the step out on the side for the LCI and the angle that the gen 2 90° one doesn’t have.

I made sure not to have the parts mixed up, plungers got paired correctly with extractors. Tried 2 extractors as well and same result.

Also, for my friends gen 3 parts I tried, his extractor has same discoloration in the center of it.
Did I remember correctly that your slide is cereacoated or duracoated?
The extractor slot in the slide may have a slight build up of the coating, that may cause a slight interference between the slot and the extractor, causing a slight binding.
It would be worth taking a look with a strong light and or a magnifying glass to see if there is evidence of it, of course if the extractor just falls out under it's own weight then that's not it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Did I remember correctly that your slide is cereacoated or duracoated?
The extractor slot in the slide may have a slight build up of the coating, that may cause a slight interference between the slot and the extractor, causing a slight binding.
It would be worth taking a look with a strong light and or a magnifying glass to see if there is evidence of it, of course if the extractor just falls out under it's own weight then that's not it.
Good idea, I’ll look it over tomorrow, just finished fiddling with the extractors again. Both drop free out of the slide without issue.

Since the extractors are cheap, I just tried carefully and lightly polishing the mim extractor on the top and bottom and in the groove with 800 grit sandpaper. Definitely “smoother”. It will now cycle if I drop let the slide get some momentum. If i ride the slide i get a failure to go into battery.

Probably should have just taken the parts to the range as is and see if they’d break in, but extractors are cheap.

Will update with range report when I get to the range again later this week.

Again, gun works flawlessly with gen 2 parts, and I have zero issue sticking with those if that’s what I need to do. I don’t know why it would be any different, and i am confused.

I’ll try my spare gen 2 extractor later. And maybe I’ll get a different result when I get my OEM threaded barrel.

Appreciate everyone’s insight.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Minor update, tried the spare 90° extractor, incredibly smooth, no perceivable difference vs the old 90° extractor I’ve been using.

Tried the LCI assembly one again, and after cycling a few mags worth thru the extractor it’s starting to cause less issue. No longer hangs up if I ride the slide, but still far stiffer to eject. Extracts fine, but ejects roughly. Will be ordering another LCI extractor and trying that in a few weeks just for curiosity sake, so I will have tried 3 LCI extractors.

I am confident it will function perfectly at the range, but I’m puzzled why it would behave differently.

The MIM LCI is far rougher everywhere than the older extractors, which are very smooth.

I cannot see any burs in the extractor slot in slide.

I’m not super concerned with this, and actually like the way the 90° extractor looks better (and it works), but, I just want to figure out what’s causing it haha.

Will update w/ range report.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts