Glock Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this new gen 5 Glock 17 and shot 150 rounds through it and noticed some peening on the barrel lug. It appears to be from the RSA. Anyone ever see this before? Is it indicative of anything I should be concerned about?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it a chip or just the finish? I’ve noticed my Gen5 show barrel wear (cosmetic) more than previous generations.
Its more of an indentation than it is finish wear. I know what you mean about the barrel wear. My other Glock 17 has about 2000 rounds through it and has some serious barrel smiles. I don’t have a similar wear on my other Glock 17 as I do on the one in the picture which made me curious.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,382 Posts
It doesn’t look like it would effect functionality so unless it keeps you up at night, I’d just run it.

It reminds me of the peening issue the .40 Glock slides have. Looked bad but Glock said it would get to a point and then wouldn’t progress further. I’ve got a few of those.

·
Legitimate Combatant
5,270 Posts
I have used grease on new builds the first day @ the range. Full strip and degrease then apply the normal minimal oil from there on out.
Depends on how tight the slide fits and if any slide fitting has been done.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
The RSA rests in the half moon cut, not the straight cut. If the lug has a chip it has nothing to do with the RSA. Get rid of that red glop grease and use gun oil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts