Is this taclight overhang a big deal?

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by parkeral, Jun 14, 2012.

1. parkeral

parkeral New Member

Will this have any effect other than get dirty? Is this much overhang going to cause it to be damaged?

Attached Files:

2. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Yea itll get dirty like mine does but no biggy...

Attached Files:

3. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

I never have any damage on my Viridian X5L, but I cut the finger tip out of a rubber glove to put over the light like a boot cover. I just got tired of cleaning the lens after the range. Lazy me.

4. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

It'll only get dirty.

5. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

The only way to hurt it is to bang it on something. I like the finger of a rubber glove for a range protector idea Seventies.

6. just some carbon on the lens, which I recommend cleaning immediately, but no permanent damage. I have the same setup on my G21sf with a surefire X300...

7. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

A little drop of CLP on the lens prior to shooting makes it come right off with a little alcohol and q-tip.

8. parkeral

parkeral New Member

Awesome guys thanks. I like that rubber glove idea too. Now to find an IWB holster haha

9. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Don't even try to fight this. If you use it and train with it, it's going to happen.

Attached Files:

10. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Or you could go G35.

image-533789684.jpg

11. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

I wouldn't worry about it. It's what they're designed for. You have to think about what abuse these things take in the field. Lock it in, run it, and don't worry about it bro.