Is this right?

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by KingSanchez, Mar 20, 2012.

1. KingSanchez

KingSanchez New Member

I love the front sight. But the rear? I've never seen it like this before. Was I ripped off by the dealer by getting only half a Trijicon sight?

ForumRunner_20120320_203729.jpg

I'm using the phone app, apologies if the clarity is sub par.

2. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

How much did you pay? You could have mistakenly purchased the front sight only.

3. teksid

teksid Well-Known Member

Looks like a Warren/Sevigney sight.A lot of people prefer a black rear sight and a dot in front.I really like my Warren/Sevigney sights.

4. teksid

teksid Well-Known Member

No becaue that's not a Glock rear sight.

5. teksid

teksid Well-Known Member

If you had a side profile shot,I could probably tell you what brand.and a closer front sight shot.

6. I can see the CAP's working though, simply line the flat edge of the square on the front with the flat line on the rear.

7. Also on the CAP's only the front has the Trijicon tube based on the description.:( Don't understand why they would do that but I would have to look down the barrel with them in low light to see for myself.

8. KingSanchez

KingSanchez New Member

Paid $550 new.

Mike, the front sight says Trijicon h3 11 on it, but the rear looks exactly like the CAPs on the site you posted.

9. It will say Trijicon because it has Trijicon's tritium tube in it.

Ameriglo makes the sights, sends them to Trijicon, they install the tritium and sends them back to Ameriglo for consumer sale under Ameriglo's name.

I just recently installed Ameriglo I-dot Pro's and both of mine say Trijicon on them.

I just read an article on the CAP's, the rear will only glow from being charged with a light source.
    There's more info out there I was just trying to find a quick answer...... http://pistol-training.com/archives/5597

10. KingSanchez

KingSanchez New Member

Thanks Mike, you come up with great answers and research to back it up. Awesome. Downside... Now the wife prefers your opinion to mine on her first Glock purchase

11. KingSanchez

KingSanchez New Member

She's funny at times. Ha!

12. KingSanchez

KingSanchez New Member

13. Oh yeah. I've been shooting the standard 3 dot systems for years on various brands so getting this new "straight 8" design was ALL new to me but man it work's like a champ. I was good to go after about the first 3 mags.

I would be highly interested in trying the CAP's though.

14. KingSanchez

KingSanchez New Member

This sight style is foreign to me. I have a shoot on the 8th where I compete against my dad and his Sigma 40. I just need to prepare.

15. If they work as good as the I-dots you will pick up on them very quickly. I was amazed how easy it was coming off years of three dot systems.

Then asked myself where in the world have I been not trying something new.:cool:

16. Practice bro because you gotta put that Glock copy cat{sigma} in it's place!;)

17. KingSanchez

KingSanchez New Member

My dad hasn't defeated me in 15 years while I was shooting my 38 1911, now he'll just be beat even worse.