Glock Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! While cleaning my Glock 43 I noticed that there were scratches on the trigger bar piece that pushes up on the striker safety plunger. I think the scratches are from when I take the slide off and put it back on. I've added a pic of what I'm talking about. Is anybody elses like that?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It just has sharp edges and burrs on it. I guess it will go away with use. I just wanted to make sure or know if I wasn't oiling it enough.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I doubt you did that taking the slide on and off. Definitely not from lack of lube. I've not noticed that on mine. If those are pronounced burrs and real grooves in it like you say, it'd make me wonder if the stamping machine hickuped on that. It's cosmetic, won't affect function, but if it bothers you I'd take a sharper / closer picture and send it to Glock. You may get a new/spare trigger bar out of it.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
While cleaning my Glock 43 I noticed that there were scratches on the trigger bar piece that pushes up on the striker safety plunger.

Is anybody else's like that?
Such wear is quite common and highly dependent on the specific geometry of each individual trigger bar.

Keep in mind that the trigger bar is a mass-produced stamped steel part. Consequently, the bends and edges of the bars vary somewhat from part to part. Therefore, some parts wear more (or less) than others.

In this picture, note that the rub marks on the trigger bar firing pin safety cam are the same height above the frame as the top of the frame slide rail.

To me, that strongly suggests that, as the slide cycles, the firing pin safety cam is rubbing against the sharp edge of the slide identified by the blue arrow here. The close proximity of the trigger bar cam rub mark on the firing pin safety (green arrow) to the edge of the slide suggests the same.

My guess is that the cam will quickly wear (just a little) to a point, then the wear will seem to stop... because the frame (or something else) will then limit the 'tilt' of the trigger bar and the cam will no longer rub against the slide.

In my opinion, such wear is typical of Glocks.

I suggest that you simply monitor the wear and replace the trigger bar assembly if the wear ever seems excessive. (My guess is that you'll shoot tens of thousands of rounds before that happens.)

Best regards,

Bob :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts