Is this line in the barrel normal?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by sgio91, Jul 24, 2012.

1. sgio91

sgio91 New Member

Put about 150 rounds through my brand new G19 gen3 Sunday and noticed as I was cleaning it today this line going across the barrel where the slide is. Definitely wasn't there before I shot it. Is it already showing wear and tear with only 150 rounds in it?

Attached Files:

2. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Yup! That's where the finish on your barrel is wearing off from the slide moving across the top of your barrel hood. Completely normal.

3. sgio91

sgio91 New Member

Whew! It's a good thing you guys are always quick to reply, I was about to go off on Glock lol.

4. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Completely normal, and if I may add, the black finish is rather thin and is cosmetic, the anti rust properties of the finishing process glock uses is deeply ingrained into the barrel, so have no worries!

5. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Yup! You can remove the black finish with a Q-tip and some Flitz. The nitration is in the metal, not the finish.

6. louiespagouie

louiespagouie Senior Member

7. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I shot about 700 through mine, and I had a small line of already-polished barrel lol.

8. Blaze

Blaze Active Member Supporter

Polish the barrel and then all u got to do it keep polish on once in awhile

9. Two-Guns

Two-Guns New Member

Looks normal to me. Just keep shooting it and don't worry about it. Glocks are not known for their good looks.

10. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior New Member

After 4+ months and around 1500-2000 rounds, that's still the only wear my G19 (4th gen) shows aside from the slide stop losing paint! My Ruger LC9 shows much more wear and has been used far less and is less than three months old...

11. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Yes as mentioned perfectly normal :)