Glock Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 years or so ago I sold my model 22 with two mags and Galco leather holster to a friend for $500 when I needed some cash.
He's a collector and practically hasn't used the gun at all. He wants to sell it back to me for $300
It's still in excellent condition.
I can not remember if it's a gen 1 2 or 3.
Seems like a good deal to me. What do y'all think ?

·
Glocker
416 Posts
Gen 2 introduced checkering on the front strap and serrations on the back strap, also to meet regulations at the time a steel plate was stamped with the serial number into the frame in front of the trigger guard. There was a few improvements in 1991 as well the magazine floorplate was modified and the spring had a resistance plate added. I believe they also introduced the integral recoil spring assembly at this time as well.

Gen 3 has finger grooves, an accessory rail, thumb rests on both sides of the frame. Later a new extractor that served as a loaded chamber indicator was added. The locking block was also modified.

Gen 4 has a user replaceable back strap to change the grip's size, the basic (no extra panel installed) is smaller than the Gen 3. There's a new mag release button design that is easier to hit, and you can reverse it for left handed use. If you reverse the mag release you need to make sure you have the new magazines with the cut out on both sides. The old magazines work fine in the Gen 4 gun when the mag release is installed for a right handed shooter. The recoil spring is new as well, it's a dual recoil spring assembly. Supposed to help recoil on .40sw models. Various parts had to be modified to accommodate the new spring.

·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FarazTE said:
I'd buy it back. It's profit lol and if u got cash to spend why not!
That's what I was thinking. It was actually my first Glock and at the time I new nothing about the whole gen 1 or gen 2 etc etc.
Just curious of the relevance of the gen.
Or if it's relevant at all at that price.

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
I almost get a high when I buy something I sold, and buy it back for less money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts