Glock Firearms banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,951 Posts
Unfortunately, over here in Oz. It wasn't until Marlin (from memory) offered a lever action in .41 mag ,that most shooters over here realized the round even existed! I was working for the WA Gov in the late 70s early 80's. Our main Depot was in Kalgoorlie and every so often ,we would rotate off the Nullabour back to the main Depot! When there our main duties was feral Goat control . It was also a requirement to qualify in firearms proficiency. We would go to the local rifle /pistol club and after a few rounds have a Barbeque! We were there one day and there was a chap ,shooting and he had a .41 mag Blackhawk! I had several shots and was smitten! But do you think I could ever track one down? I even contacted several importers and they weren't interested in an order of just one Handgun!
I have never seen the draw of the .41 magnum over the .44 magnum. .44 is usually easier to find, cheaper and more loads available and the handguns chambered for them are the same.
I will say that everything I listed will be fanatically countered by almost every owner of a .41 magnum.
…41 mag owners are members of a cult.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,951 Posts
Not going to research the time line. But I think it came to be when police were starting to move away from revolvers to semi-autos.

Then there is the .327 fans out there.................
When the .41 mag rolled out it in the 1960’s it was supposed to be the ultimate law enforcement round. It never took off for law enforcement. The guns were still big N-frame revolvers so no weight savings. Most agencies thought it was overkill too.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,951 Posts
I sort of would like a .40/10mm revolver. Naaaaahhhh...............
I wanted a S&W 610 since they came out in the early 90’s, I believe that’s when they first came out. 🤔
I’m satisfied with a S&W 625 in .45 ACP for now.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel

625 on top, 686 on bottom

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Not going to research the time line. But I think it came to be when police were starting to move away from revolvers to semi-autos.

Then there is the .327 fans out there.................
I would take the .327 in a lcr or other snubby. Gives you 6 rounds of fast ammo.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I have never seen the draw of the .41 magnum over the .44 magnum. .44 is usually easier to find, cheaper and more loads available and the handguns chambered for them are the same.
I will say that everything I listed will be fanatically countered by almost every owner of a .41 magnum.
…41 mag owners are members of a cult.
The .41 never made sense to me. For factory ammo it is the full on magnum load only. With the .44mag you have the option of lower power .44specials. Same reason I went with a .460 S&W over the .500. I can shoot .460, .454, .45 long Colt, etc.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
The .41 never made sense to me. For factory ammo it is the full on magnum load only. With the .44mag you have the option of lower power .44specials. Same reason I went with a .460 S&W over the .500. I can shoot .460, .454, .45 long Colt, etc.
I’d buy a 10mm revolver over a .41. Then at least the round would work in semi & revolver. That being said my revolvers are .38, .357 mag, .44 mag. I wouldn’t be opposed to a .460, for the reason stated above. It’s a 3 in 1 caliber gun.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I’d buy a 10mm revolver over a .41. Then at least the round would work in semi & revolver. That being said my revolvers are .38, .357 mag, .44 mag. I wouldn’t be opposed to a .460, for the reason stated above. It’s a 3 in 1 caliber gun.
That’s exactly why I bought the S&W 460 PC w/3.5”.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts