Glock Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
6 Posts
Really???

Please explain how a few ounces of weight could possibly cause a problem on a combat tested weapon system like the Gen 1 & 2 Glocks. I'm having a hard time swallowing this. I'm not an expert so if I understand the physics I can bite. So please elaborate.
Thanks
The older Glocks do not have rails for a reason, they were not designed to handle the added weight on the frame. I do not suggest you use any of these products to put a rail on a glock gen 1/2...

My suggestion is you want a glock with a rail, sell it and buy a newer glock.

My 2¢

·
6 Posts
Black Wolf, that makes absolutely no sense to me. I'm not an expert, however I fail to see how adding a few ounces to a combat vetted weapon system is going to make any difference whatsoever. Am I missing something here? If so you better tell those infantry guys to quit hangin all that stuff off there weapons!

·
6 Posts
Blackwolf,
I apologize if I aggitated you. That absolutely wasn't my intention. I simply wanted to understand why one would not do this. You have answered that question and I thank you.
Mr. tacticalshooter52,

I cannot explain it any more than I have already. If you do not understand then you do not understand and I apologize if I may be confusing.

As far as the infantry… they are using firearms that have been designed and battle proven with attachments on their weapons. I have helped outfit several with attachments that are designed and approved for military use for military members. Also keep in mind that the dynamics, and physics, of rifle shooting and pistol shooting are completely different.

The simple fact of attaching anything to a weapon is not the point, the point is that the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Glock pistols were not designed with a rail, and consequently not designed to handle the weight of a light on the frame. Even the Glocks with rails, Gen 3 and 4 have had issues operating with lights attached…

If simply squeezing grip too much or not enough can alter how a pistol functions (limpwristing) then it is definitely possible for a "few ounces" placed on a critical point on the frame of the gun to cause issues.

If you have issues with the test conducted by Streamlight, complain to them, not me.
http://www.streamlight.com/documents/issues/GlockIssues.pdf
You can contact them here:
http://www.streamlight.com/about/contact.aspx

I also Welcome you to the forum. You are fully able to participate in many of the other threads hear as well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.