Glock Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hitting your target notwithstanding, I keep a .45 in a GunVault for home defense. I have 2 small boys across the house, so I keep frangible hollow points loaded. There are several walls of sheet rock between my room and theirs, but if for some reason I end up in a different part of the house and closer to their rooms, it still gives me peace of mind. I get the stopping power of a .45 and the points are extremely wide, so I know there's little to no chance of it not opening and disintegrating on bad guy impact, and if particles do over-penetrate, they are much less likely to puncture several sheets of drywall. In my car I have heavier weight, low speed 9mm Critical Defense HPs in case I need to shoot through glass, and if I'm firing from inside my vehicle, the lower powder charge's concussion will (hopefully) do less damage to my ear drums as opposed to my buddy who keeps a 1911 in his truck. I can't imagine discharging full load .45s inside a closed vehicle. So it all depends on your situation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why don't u want it to penetrate drywall? Curious.
.Well if you live in an apartment and someone breaks in and you have a shootout, last thing you want is to hurt your neighbors or god forbid kill them, most likely you will be charged with manslaughter. I had that exact scenario happen to me. I had hydrashocks in my gun. It went through everything. one bullet was only stopped by a water heater. thank god no one was hurt besides the intruder. If you live in a house. buy whatever. but if your in an apartment. be mindful of others lives and buy bullets suitable to your situation.

·
Super Moderator
64,961 Posts
.Well if you live in an apartment and someone breaks in and you have a shootout, last thing you want is to hurt your neighbors or god forbid kill them, most likely you will be charged with manslaughter. I had that exact scenario happen to me. I had hydrashocks in my gun. It went through everything. one bullet was only stopped by a water heater. thank god no one was hurt besides the intruder. If you live in a house. buy whatever. but if your in an apartment. be mindful of others lives and buy bullets suitable to your situation.
Welcome to the Glock Forum.

Unfortunately, the question that you answered was posted 6 years ago and the poster is no longer with us.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts