Glock Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm seeing availability improve, but prices have been steady for the last couple of weeks.
If supply would increase dramatically in the next 12 months, and price eventually drop about 6-10 cents per round on average, that would already be excellent. But I suspect current pressure and regulation increase by the current admin will slow down and impede normal supply responses. Same for Western Europe.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
47,526 Posts
If supply would increase dramatically in the next 12 months, and price eventually drop about 6-10 cents per round on average, that would already be excellent. But I suspect current pressure and regulation increase by the current admin will slow down and impede normal supply responses. Same for Western Europe.
Things were learned under the Obama administration. Coercion, threats and regulation forced businesses to abide by administration goals. Worked with healthcare. Effective in auto manufacturers. Recently energy and fuel industries. I’m sure they’re looking at how they can effect the gun industry.
Under Clinton, S&W buckled resulting in the Hillary Hole. Springfield Armory was complicit with Illinois Legislature’s gun control scheme a few years back. Wait and see.
I’m thinking a squeeze on raw materials along with tax schemes will keep ammo prices higher than what we were used too pre-Covid.
Only a major and I mean MAJOR pushback could give us a reprieve.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I was hopeful. However yesterday I was out hitting the gun stores. The places I visited were my regular spots. Honestly other than high ammo prices I was getting that summer of 2018 feel. Tons of ammo and guns, no shoppers. The cases were loaded with new and used guns. The most I’ve seen a very long time. Actually better deals on guns than ammo right now. Because of that I’m focusing on a few bucket list purchases. Cases and cases of ammo piled up. But at $600/1,000 rd case of 9mm. No thanks.

I honestly feel ammo prices will hold close to where we are now (35-40 cents a rd for 9mm fmj) until the next crisis. Basically going to be wash, rinse, repeat while this administration is in power. I hope I’m wrong.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
47,526 Posts
Went on a gun store crawl yesterday.
Cabelas and Bass Pro.
Both places were swimming in ammo. Once again prices that no one wants to pay and people treating it as such.
Whenever the reasonably priced ammo shows up it gets snapped up pretty quickly.
I bought the 100 round packs of Herters 9mm brass FMJ for $32.99. None around this time.
Shelf Building Wheel Wood Interior design
Building Wood Shelf Shelving Warehouse
Wood Automotive tire Building Mass production Gas
Wood Motor vehicle Shipping box Publication Automotive exterior
Font Wood Packaging and labeling Box Rectangle
Publication Wood Font Rectangle Paper product
Font Wall Gas Wood Rectangle
Automotive tire Rectangle Wood Shelf Tire
Wood Publication Font Shelving Parallel

Some places are evidently getting the message. Shoot Point Blank was selling their overpriced 9 for $25.99/50, they had a special buy 2 get 1 free.
Hopefully Scheels, CABELA’S and Bass Pro start doing the same.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
We are seeing more product, but as you observed, most of it is still at overinflated prices. When supplies catch up more, retailers will lower prices to move inventory, but don't expect very much until the current stock is gone through. They don't want to take a loss, and who can blame them.
Competition will play in sooner or later, and things will modulate. To where? who knows.

·
Premium Member
8,513 Posts
We are seeing more product, but as you observed, most of it is still at overinflated prices. When supplies catch up more, retailers will lower prices to move inventory, but don't expect very much until the current stock is gone through. They don't want to take a loss, and who can blame them.
Competition will play in sooner or later, and things will modulate. To where? who knows.
And so it will sit.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
And so it will sit.
It'll move. Probably not very fast, but people are itching to get back to the range and try to start doing things again.
Will I buy a stock of it at these prices? Not if I can help it, but will buy enough to get me and the wife back to the range when I find decent enough pricing.
A local(ish) store about 60 miles away has several pallets of 9MM for $399.99. Pretty steep and a long drive for me, but they are normally better stocked than most and have not had that much stock for a couple of years.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I recently purchased a TX22 and am enjoying it a lot. It's fun. Ammo is cheap. Fundamentals are fundamentals. Currently my range visit plans include shooting about 100 rds of mini mags followed by 30-50 9mm rounds to finish the day.
How you liking the TX22?

Reactions: Old Bloke and j102

·
Registered
176 Posts
How you liking the TX22?
It's pretty friggin sweet. I wouldn't commit to the purchase unless I could inspect the barrel, Looking for chatter marks, poor rifling, or an uncentered feed ramp or chamber. Mine looked good.
Seems in the couple of years since it was released they've updated the recoil spring as well to keep the slide from slamming into the frame.

Bone stock, with just a bit of lube I fired like 4-6 magazines total, mostly Winchester SuperX 40gr Power Point of which 2 rounds failed to fire with clear rim strikes that I didn't bother trying to restrike. Otherwise it fed like a champ I fired a mag of Norma Tac 22 LRN and it fed without issue as well.

I've since installed a Lakeline SS guide rod in the hope that the plastic buffer further reduces slide wear, but unfortunately haven't had a chance to go back to the range and see if it runs as reliably. IF not the stock spring ran fine.

I have a +9 magazine extension on the way.. which as long as it functions well means 25+1 capacity.

IF I'm being honest it's probably my favorite gun to shoot right now. Not that I have a large collection to choose from. Hopefully it holds up over time. Almost wish I had a tax stamp and a suppressor for it.

·
Premium Member
8,513 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well what is kind of bull**** about that is that the ammo manufacturers are running at 100% so it would not help if they had a billion more primers. They are running at higher rates than ever before if you believe this BS, then there must be much higher demand and use than ever to keep the supply so low.

I don't see anywhere near as much ammo being shot at the ranges I go to, and I don't see many people who seem to be new shooters anywhere. I kind of thing the whole story is a fable and don't believe most of what this guy is saying.

I think manufacturers have just jacked up prices and increased profits taking advantage of those willing to pay those ridiculous prices. People need to stop buying this crap at the current prices and let them sit on it for a while....then, prices will go down where they used to be.

·
Premium Member
8,513 Posts
And just what do you think is causing this new upward pressure?
Bidenflation isn't helping, if you look at the metals price index all metals are up sharply.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts