Glock Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,494 Posts
Seems that Academy stores in North Texas get their deliveries on Tuesday and Thursday every week. I’ve been checking lately. I’ve been buying 9mm at $17.99/50 FMJ brass. I’m out on other 9 priced higher which is the majority. .223 is just stupid priced IMO at $12.99/20FMJ and up.
I don’t know how long the stuff is lasting on the shelves as I’m just in the stores about an hour after opening on Tuesday and Thursday.
Other shops I’ve checked out lately are just completely scalping people or out of stock.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,494 Posts
If supply would increase dramatically in the next 12 months, and price eventually drop about 6-10 cents per round on average, that would already be excellent. But I suspect current pressure and regulation increase by the current admin will slow down and impede normal supply responses. Same for Western Europe.
Things were learned under the Obama administration. Coercion, threats and regulation forced businesses to abide by administration goals. Worked with healthcare. Effective in auto manufacturers. Recently energy and fuel industries. I’m sure they’re looking at how they can effect the gun industry.
Under Clinton, S&W buckled resulting in the Hillary Hole. Springfield Armory was complicit with Illinois Legislature’s gun control scheme a few years back. Wait and see.
I’m thinking a squeeze on raw materials along with tax schemes will keep ammo prices higher than what we were used too pre-Covid.
Only a major and I mean MAJOR pushback could give us a reprieve.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,494 Posts
Went on a gun store crawl yesterday.
Cabelas and Bass Pro.
Both places were swimming in ammo. Once again prices that no one wants to pay and people treating it as such.
Whenever the reasonably priced ammo shows up it gets snapped up pretty quickly.
I bought the 100 round packs of Herters 9mm brass FMJ for $32.99. None around this time.
Shelf Building Wheel Wood Interior design
Building Wood Shelf Shelving Warehouse
Wood Automotive tire Building Mass production Gas
Wood Motor vehicle Shipping box Publication Automotive exterior
Font Wood Packaging and labeling Box Rectangle
Publication Wood Font Rectangle Paper product
Font Wall Gas Wood Rectangle
Automotive tire Rectangle Wood Shelf Tire
Wood Publication Font Shelving Parallel

Some places are evidently getting the message. Shoot Point Blank was selling their overpriced 9 for $25.99/50, they had a special buy 2 get 1 free.
Hopefully Scheels, CABELA’S and Bass Pro start doing the same.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,494 Posts
Personally I’m only buying if I find 9 FMJ at $15/50 or under. I’m seeing.223 for under $10 a box of 20 but that’s still too rich for my blood. With inflation, material and transportation costs I doubt we’ll see $6 a box .223 again but I’m holding out for better than what it is now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts