Glock Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been closely watching the sale of ammo online from a multitude of different large suppliers the past few weeks, mainly 9mm fmj which seems to be the unicorn. The best price I saw was 0.38 cents a round for aluminum case and 0.39 - 0.40 cents for brass. Those are prices for 1,000 round cases and excludes tax and shipping. All said and done that is still more than double for what it sold for pre-madness. I’ve seen the worst prices upwards of 0.46 - 0.54 cents a round for the same exact ammo.

For the lower priced ammo I thought it was a positive sign that It was readily available and not selling quickly. There were counters for available stock which I checked daily, multiple times. Some days it barely moved. I figured that availability and slow sales would eventually drive down the price and we were finally heading in the right direction.

However this past Friday everything in that 0.38 - 0.40 cent range sold out. It could of been a single buyer or just a few buyers and not a definitive broad barometer of the situation. Then I thought, maybe the sellers were playing games, purposely giving the illusion of low/zero stock to cause a panic to jumpstart sales. I really don’t want believe that though. What are you guys observing in your areas?

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just came off ammoseek and a few others. It looks like 0.40 cents a round for bulk 9mm reloadable brass (1,000 rds) seems to be the best price. It also appears many are perfectly comfortable paying that as stock is dwindling. With tax and shipping one is looking at $450 shipped! Dang.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This morning I was able to get a five box limit of Armscor 9mm 115gr FMJ (brass) @ $14.99/50. I just happened to be there when the truck pulled in and was first in line. The crazy thing is most of that delivery were 500 rd cases of Winchester white box which they could not sell because it’s on recall.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I was hopeful. However yesterday I was out hitting the gun stores. The places I visited were my regular spots. Honestly other than high ammo prices I was getting that summer of 2018 feel. Tons of ammo and guns, no shoppers. The cases were loaded with new and used guns. The most I’ve seen a very long time. Actually better deals on guns than ammo right now. Because of that I’m focusing on a few bucket list purchases. Cases and cases of ammo piled up. But at $600/1,000 rd case of 9mm. No thanks.

I honestly feel ammo prices will hold close to where we are now (35-40 cents a rd for 9mm fmj) until the next crisis. Basically going to be wash, rinse, repeat while this administration is in power. I hope I’m wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts