Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
209 Posts
I'm regularly able to buy .22lr Federal Automatch for 5.3 cents a round at Walmart pretty regularly.

Academy has almost zero .22lr except for the Norma stuff which is about 20 cents a round and they can't give it away. Ammo guy there says they have a storeroom full of it.

Had quite a bit of Federal 9mm 115 grain last week for about 40 cents a round. I'm not interested at that price. I've got plenty for SHTF and will just keep range shooting my Glock 44 22 caliber until then.

· Banned
209 Posts
Hit Academy this morning. I bought PMC (haven’t seen that brand in pistol calibers for some time) brass 9 FMJ 50 rd./ $17.49.
I got 4 boxes, which is their limit on handgun ammo.
Yea, just came back from checking my Academy. ZERO 9mm of any kind at any price. The only 22lr was the same Norma at 20 cents a round and they had several hundred boxes on the shelf. The guy that I know that works there said they had a store room full of it and can't get rid of it. I told him I'll buy a bunch of that for 5cents a round someday and he said, "yea, you probably will"

So, went next door to Walmart and bought another thousand rounds of Federal Automatch. They have jacked the price up on that by a dollar a box since last week, so now it costs 5.6 cents a round instead of 5.3 cents ! I believe I'll just keep buying that every time I see it.

· Banned
209 Posts
Well what is kind of bull**** about that is that the ammo manufacturers are running at 100% so it would not help if they had a billion more primers. They are running at higher rates than ever before if you believe this BS, then there must be much higher demand and use than ever to keep the supply so low.

I don't see anywhere near as much ammo being shot at the ranges I go to, and I don't see many people who seem to be new shooters anywhere. I kind of thing the whole story is a fable and don't believe most of what this guy is saying.

I think manufacturers have just jacked up prices and increased profits taking advantage of those willing to pay those ridiculous prices. People need to stop buying this crap at the current prices and let them sit on it for a while....then, prices will go down where they used to be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts