Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's my first time buying them & shooting them through my glock 22 and I don't one what's gonna come out of it!! Yikes!! What do I have to look forward to?

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
In my experience, Remington UMC uses "dirty" gunpowder. To see what I mean, watch carefully when someone fires, there is more smoke than is the norm (for "smokeless" powder), and the brass cases look real filthy. The rounds themselves perform well, bullet weights within established norms with less than the standard deviation. Now, Glocks are known for continued reliability even when dirty, so this may not even be an issue. As a reloader, I just get anal with dirty brass.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
about the same as winchester white box, they are fine

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Remington / Union Metallic Cartridge is your standard run of the mill firearm fodder.

Not the best, not the worst...dirty as others have pointed out, accuracy is generally OK.

Your Glock will eat it right up...no problem !

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
iRockGlock said:
That's like eating at Taco Bell for your Glock......lol
Its is but its good ammo to burn at the range. My glocks, 1911 n hi point i had ate that up.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SHOOTER13 said:
Remington / Union Metallic Cartridge is your standard run of the mill firearm fodder.

Not the best, not the worst...dirty as others have pointed out, accuracy is generally OK.

Your Glock will eat it right up...no problem !
Ok cool thanks!

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
bullet weights within established norms
One time, I disassembled a whole 50-round box of UMC 9mm 115-gr JFP rounds, just to tinker. I found the bullets weighed on the low end at 113.90 grains and on the high end at 116.50 grains. That's an average weight variation of less than +/- 1.5 grains for each bullet.

For comparison, I weighed all the bullets in a case of Berry's Plated 9mm 115-gr PRN bullets, intended for reloaders who by nature aim for precision, and discovered an average weight variation in excess of +/-4.0 grains! (needless to say, I don't use Berry's anymore ;))

This of course is not something one would normally need to worry about or even look into, especially for range ammo, but it shows that the bullets used in UMC 9mm cartridges are made with very good quality control.

I just hate the gunpowder they use....:(

·
Banned
150 Posts
unless you want to spend a lot of money, yes, Remington UMC is good. Maintain your weapon properly and you can shoot anything you want out of it. Or you can pay top dollar for Hornady anything.

·
Banned
786 Posts
They are my favorite load for my G37 in the 230 load. They are noticeably warmer than anyother 230 in that caliber and are cleaner than Winchester in that caliber.

Bonus is it is cheaper in the GAP than the ACP is, and the ACP is loaded slower. My guess is it's loaded more closely to GAP pressures. Almost every GAP load is throttled down to ACP pressures, not the Rem UMC though....

·
Banned
147 Posts
I had a bad experience with UMC 9mm several years ago and have not bought any since. 2 rounds from the same box had just enough powder in them to firmly lodge the bullet in the barrel of my G19. I'm sure their quality has improved since then but as others have said, they use dirty powder so I still don't buy it.

P.S. It's a little unnerving to have to field strip your gun, drive a stuck bullet out, put it back together, fire 3 more rounds and then have to do it again.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PettyOfficer said:
I'll keep all that in mind: I just bought two bulk packs of .45 at Walmart the other day.
Lol that's what I just did. Can't find any cheaper anywhere else 85 for 250

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm no expert, but it's hard to resist going to Wal-mart for range ammo where 250 9mm UMC rounds are $50 bucks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts