Is it that hard?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by glockguy13, Apr 27, 2012.

1. glockguy13

glockguy13 New Member

I was at my in door range yesterday and noticed at the wall that separates the lanes next to me. There was a few holes in the wall. Is it that hard just to shoot straight.

2. glockguy13

glockguy13 New Member

Forgot to add that it almost makes u afraid to go to the range. Lol

3. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

I've been to an indoor range that had multiple bullet holes in the ceiling, not 3 feet from the firing line.

That's what happens when people just pick up a gun and shoot, without proper instruction or at least help from a knowledgeable shooter.

Now consider this: those people may be walking the streets this very second....armed. Scary thought, isn't it?

4. glockguy13

glockguy13 New Member

Yes very scary thought. Good thing is that if they do try to shoot you they probably can't hit you.

5. My thoughts exactly... good stuff.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  6. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

Should there be stricter regulations for ranges? My first time at the range, last weekend, I filled out a form and I had to circle my experience with a firearm. I did not lie I put novice. They failed to ask anything else. It was my first time shooting a handgun, I've shot rifles and shotguns before so I'm no dummy when it comes to safety.
    Next time I go I'll look around the 6 lane range for holes in ceiling or walls.

7. Glock897

Glock897 Member

At the outdoor range where I go there are 50 lanes. Some idiots will scatter targets all around. For example,they put one at lane 1, another 15, another at 30...etc, and they'll shoot from lane 20 which means their shooting at crazy angles and they're unaware of what is behind the angle they're shooting. Needless to say this is against club rules and if caught they have their membership revoked.

8. dj613

dj613 New Member

I also go to a local indoor range and the ceiling on a few of the lanes are littered with bullet holes starting almost right above your head, it is quite a scary thought that someone that incompetent might be standing at the lane beside you, some people should not be allowed to handle a firearm without proper training.

9. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Iam not usually a whistle blower but I would pack up tell the range master and leave quickly that's insanely dangerous to the people in between those lanes

10. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

While I believe it is every persons right to bear arms, I do believe everyone should get some sort of training as well, though not required. I always am scanning my surroundings for the slightest hint of danger or possibility of a problem, just the way I am.

11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

The indoor ranges I frequent have camera's and eyes-on-RO's to keep

the accidents to a minimum. Some of the ranges ask you be a member for a few weeks before

they will even rent a gun to you...and when they do rent, they actually have an RO stand there until

he's satisfied that you can handle the weapon properly. One range had a rash of rent a gun suicides, two

in a years time. The Outdoor Range has an RO for every three stations of fire...

12. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

That is why when I take someone shooting for the first time, I only load one round in the gun at a time lol. So they don't freak out on the recoil and pop off another shot into the ceiling.

13. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Same here...

14. jimmyalbrecht

Or worse the person in the lane next to us! Or me lol

15. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

You guys got me to thinking, I was going to check out an indoor range this weekend, I might just stay home now.

16. Glock897

Glock897 Member

The idiots that do it, do it when no one else is around, but luckily there are surveillance cameras and that's how they have been caught.

17. And this looks very bad on us.

18. jimmyalbrecht

This^^^ There's always that "guy" or that "woman" that screws everything up for the rest of us.

19. "never underestimate the effect of a single idiot in a large group of intellectuals" - Nukinfuts, 2012

20. jimmyalbrecht

I'm totally stealing this quote. What is your real first name? lol so I don't have to put nukinfuts on my Facebook! Or I could just leave it anonymous. Up to you.