Glock Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've shot Glocks, factory, customized, and all 9mm. Overall they worked just fine though I consider them ammo picky and I don't care for the contour of the grip; that little hump on the back makes my wrist turn downward which I have to remind myself to correct for.
All in all they're nice pistols with all kinds of custom and add on goodies available but they don't fit me natural and I don't find them interesting enough to buy.
1911 style grips, like my S&W 4566 has, and slanted Luger style grips, like my High-Standard pistols have, are much more comfortable and natural feeling in my hand when shooting pistols.
My revolvers and single shot pistol all have revolver style curve grips but shooting revolvers SA or DA is altogether different. ;) They're actually my preferred type of handgun.
Love the movies where people are using revolvers with silencers. :rolleyes:
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.............
OK, brothers and sisters, I was not kidding. I like and RESPECT Dr. Tramp! He makes well reasoned posts. He has served our country. He knows a good bit about various firearms. He is passing along a love of SAFE, RESPONSIBLE firearm ownership to many people, including his grandson.

Yet, he thinks Glocks are ammo picky! On my list of things Glocks are NOT, that would be the top of my list.
A man like Dr. Tramp deserves to have a good Glock!

Given his hump and grip angle comment, I think a 26 would best eliminate those issues--which are real issues for some people.

Side note: Gaston did not come up with a potentially awkward grip angle just to NOT sell guns! Humans have some genetic diversity--though not as much as many people think. All humans descending from a single couple named Adam and Eve is scientifically possible. Ask an honest genetics expert. I would like to see a scientific study of humans who prefer the 2 main grip angles. I bet there is good genetic science underlying which grip angle people prefer. Sadly that study will probably never be funded.

I don't have a lot of cash, but I will give $25 to a "Buy a Glock 26 for Good Ole Dr. Tramp Fund."

Anyone else want to commit to adding a Glock to our friend's collection?

Mods, I reviewed the rules last night and do not think this post breaks rules. If it does, please delete the post and forgive me. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
65,642 Posts
OK, brothers and sisters, I was not kidding. I like and RESPECT Dr. Tramp! He makes well reasoned posts. He has served our country. He knows a good bit about various firearms. He is passing along a love of SAFE, RESPONSIBLE firearm ownership to many people, including his grandson.

Yet, he thinks Glocks are ammo picky! On my list of things Glocks are NOT, that would be the top of my list.

Given his hump and grip angle comment, I think a 26 would best eliminate those issues--which are real issues for some people.

Side note: Gaston did not come up with a potentially awkward grip angle just to NOT sell guns! Humans have some genetic diversity--though not as much as many people think. All humans descending from a single couple named Adam and Eve is scientifically possible. Ask an honest genetics expert. I would like to see a scientific study of humans who prefer the 2 main grip angles. I bet there is good genetic science underlying which grip angle people prefer. Sadly that study will probably never be funded.

I don't have a lot of cash, but I will give $25 to a "Buy a Glock 26 for Good Ole Dr. Tramp Fund."

Mods, I reviewed the rules last night and do not think this post breaks rules. If it does, please delete the post and forgive me. Thanks.
No worries Rev.

·
Registered
813 Posts

Much Mahalo (Many Thanks in Hawaiian) but with respect no thanks. I appreciate your intentions and your comments, especially your comments, but as I've posted before I've made a concerted effort to only acquire firearms through personal sales where I'm not required to go through an FFL and NICS background check which (IMO) means that I and the firearm also become part of an unofficial firearm and firearm owner registry. Especially since the advent of computerized NICS background checks.
It's one reason I live in Wyoming which is one of the states where person to person firearms sales are still legal and no type of permits are required to own or carry firearms.
Paranoia on my part? Perhaps; but in light of the increasingly restrictive and intrusive legislation, firearms and otherwise, both political parties have been pushing through lately I don't believe so.
Does this mean that I'm naive enough to think that the fact that I'm a firearm owner and enthusiast isn't noted in some data base? Absolutely not. I'm sure that my memberships in firearms Rights groups and firearms forums plus my purchases of ammo and reloading supplies are recorded somewhere because in our modern world computer technology and algorithms ensure that everything and anything done with a computer linked to the WWW is recorded somewhere.
So again, thanks but no thanks.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...............

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
LMAO, good post and thought Rev, but probably on the wrong path.
A G26 is about the worst thing you can put in a novice hand, not that Tramp is novice, but the path is there. It is too short and as you pointed out, certain aspects of human body mechanics play in, and very significantly. The pinky and ring finger are anchors. They are the strength force and balance point. The first two are for intricate work like writing, painting, and other fine work. It is demonstratable, repeatable, and proven. We taught it in the oil patch. The 26 messes with that, a lot.
I'd have to see someone who says a Glock is ammo picky shoot it. I have a very good idea what is happening, but can't prove it.
I'll say this, I have a friend that is very savvy when it comes to pistols. He is a great shot. Can't hit a barn while standing in the middle of it with a Glock. He can be coached into doing pretty good with one. Set it down, drink a bottle of water, and it's gone. They just aren't for him.
Fun thread.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My G19.4, albeit my only Glock, with OEM Glock mags is the only 9mm handgun I have that can reliably feed the Winchester USA Forged 115gr I picked up not knowing what it was during a period of months where there wasn't any ammo on the shelves. I would never make the mistake of buying that nasty ammo ever again. I now know why it was still on the shelf when nothing else was.

Loaded a P365 magazine with the junk. Hand stripped the top round out and I had a baby rattle in my hands, loose rounds falling out of it. I decided I'd never do that to any of my steel magazines ever again.

When I finally did get brave enough to send a box of it through my G19.. my one magpul mag seized up on it, baby rattle after about 2-4 shots. The 3 OEM 15 round glock mags I had though? Not one issue through the rest of that box.

Mind you, I've been pretty lucky with handguns in general outside of that ammo. Anything brass or nickel cased my guns all run flawlessly. I have not tried other brands of steel cased ammo and hope it is no where near as disgusting as USA Forged. My TX22 I haven't put a lot of ammo types/brands through it, but out of hundreds of minimag target loads and a single mag of Norma Tac 22 40gr LRN I've had zero malfunctions. A handful of faulty primers out of a box of Winchester Super X.

I also stick with factory ammo though. I used to get factory reloads at a LGS for pretty cheap back in like 2015.

But.. my Glock is apparently the least finicky of them all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Glock feeding problem? Must of been a gen 4. My first carry gun was a g22 gen 3 leo gun. Ate everything. My g27 gen 3 too. Like the doc I hated the grip bulge. Never thought about the angle till I bought a Lone Wolf frame. 1911 angle I like a lot come to find out. Also a g23 grip length with a g22 slide length. The LWD frame fixed all of that. No bulge, no finger grooves, 1911 angle, and a 23 length. The g27 still gets carry, but the 22 is a range queen now. Made in USA
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Super Moderator
65,642 Posts
Glock feeding problem? Must of been a gen 4. My first carry gun was a g22 gen 3 leo gun. Ate everything. My g27 gen 3 too. Like the doc I hated the grip bulge. Never thought about the angle till I bought a Lone Wolf frame. 1911 angle I like a lot come to find out. Also a g23 grip length with a g22 slide length. The LWD frame fixed all of that. No bulge, no finger grooves, 1911 angle, and a 23 length. The g27 still gets carry, but the 22 is a range queen now. Made in USA View attachment 273212
How's that Holosun holding up? Still zero? It looks well abused.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Glock feeding problem? Must of been a gen 4. My first carry gun was a g22 gen 3 leo gun. Ate everything. My g27 gen 3 too. Like the doc I hated the grip bulge. Never thought about the angle till I bought a Lone Wolf frame. 1911 angle I like a lot come to find out. Also a g23 grip length with a g22 slide length. The LWD frame fixed all of that. No bulge, no finger grooves, 1911 angle, and a 23 length. The g27 still gets carry, but the 22 is a range queen now. Made in USA View attachment 273212
Link to the frame?

Reactions: Old Bloke and j102
21 - 40 of 45 Posts