Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Yes. You'll have to pay homage to the Gaston Gods, send nudes to the mods, or play the monkey in the monkey and accordion show. :ROFLMAO:
Love the wife's XD. The only thing I don't like is I only got one at the insane price I found hers.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Yes. You'll have to pay homage to the Gaston Gods, send nudes to the mods, or play the monkey in the monkey and accordion show. :ROFLMAO:
Love the wife's XD. The only thing I don't like is I only got one at the insane price I found hers.
I've done it and I'm still here.
Which one?
Kinky
Smile Watch Facial expression Plant Dress shirt

·
Registered
582 Posts
There are many things I love about Glocks. They are my favorite pistols. My first Glock will turn 25 on 8/17/22 (a Gen 3 22). The G26 is my favorite carry gun, but this year I have been carrying a Springfield Hellcat more than anything else. I do feel a little guilty... like my beloved 26s are lonely, but I'm really liking pocket carry. Some people pocket carry a 26 but I can't.

I hope Glock puts out a double stack mirco 9 soon!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
I've shot Glocks, factory, customized, and all 9mm. Overall they worked just fine though I consider them ammo picky and I don't care for the contour of the grip; that little hump on the back makes my wrist turn downward which I have to remind myself to correct for.
All in all they're nice pistols with all kinds of custom and add on goodies available but they don't fit me natural and I don't find them interesting enough to buy.
1911 style grips, like my S&W 4566 has, and slanted Luger style grips, like my High-Standard pistols have, are much more comfortable and natural feeling in my hand when shooting pistols.
My revolvers and single shot pistol all have revolver style curve grips but shooting revolvers SA or DA is altogether different. ;) They're actually my preferred type of handgun.
Love the movies where people are using revolvers with silencers. :rolleyes:
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.............

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I've shot Glocks, factory, customized, and all 9mm. Overall they worked just fine though I consider them ammo picky and I don't care for the contour of the grip; that little hump on the back makes my wrist turn downward which I have to remind myself to correct for.
All in all they're nice pistols with all kinds of custom and add on goodies available but they don't fit me natural and I don't find them interesting enough to buy.
1911 style grips, like my S&W 4566 has, and slanted Luger style grips, like my High-Standard pistols have, are much more comfortable and natural feeling in my hand when shooting pistols.
My revolvers and single shot pistol all have revolver style curve grips but shooting revolvers SA or DA is altogether different. ;) They're actually my preferred type of handgun.
Love the movies where people are using revolvers with silencers. :rolleyes:
An ammo picky Glock? Interesting. I suppose it happens though. I have a FN that is very ammo particular, especially HP. Hornady Critical Defense and Critical Duty feed well through it to the point I trust it in there. Not my favorite load, but certainly adequate, and I do love that pistol.
I love the wife's XD as already noted and it eats everything as well.
Like you, I find Glock grip angle a bit unnatural feeling. It is supposed to be "The" best grip angle, even though a lot of us don't care for it that much. I carry one because I know exactly what it will do and that it will do it the exact same way every single time. I have tried to wean off of it, but find it in the holster anyway.
I have a Ruger Security9, and love the thing. I grew up on 1911's and it has a lot of the feel, the crisp trigger, and the SA related to the 1911. It ain't one, but it is very familiar in many ways.
I never fooled with revolvers a lot, but have had a few over the years. Some I loved, some, not so much. I would do some sketchy chit for a SA 45 Colt, and the carbine to match.

·
Registered
809 Posts
An ammo picky Glock? Interesting. I suppose it happens though. I have a FN that is very ammo particular, especially HP. Hornady Critical Defense and Critical Duty feed well through it to the point I trust it in there. Not my favorite load, but certainly adequate, and I do love that pistol.
I love the wife's XD as already noted and it eats everything as well.
Like you, I find Glock grip angle a bit unnatural feeling. It is supposed to be "The" best grip angle, even though a lot of us don't care for it that much. I carry one because I know exactly what it will do and that it will do it the exact same way every single time. I have tried to wean off of it, but find it in the holster anyway.
I have a Ruger Security9, and love the thing. I grew up on 1911's and it has a lot of the feel, the crisp trigger, and the SA related to the 1911. It ain't one, but it is very familiar in many ways.
I never fooled with revolvers a lot, but have had a few over the years. Some I loved, some, not so much. I would do some sketchy chit for a SA 45 Colt, and the carbine to match.
It's not just Glocks that can be ammo picky. My Beretta 21A Bobcat is extremely picky about ammo. The Beretta PX7 Storm I gave my daughter and SIL and the little 9mm pistol they already had, a Taurus GX4 I think, were also picky about ammo whereas the Ruger P89DC I gave him would feed and fire any 9mm I fed it, even ammo that the grandson's Glock and the other pistols had problems with.
While I like auto loader pistols I've always really liked both SA and DA revolvers too and probably my favorite to shoot is my 45acp 1917 Colt service revolver, Thumper.
But it's "big" so when I carry it's a toss up between my 38spl ex PD S&W M10 revolver or my 45acp ex PD S&W M4566 pistol.
Both are SA/DA and the 4566 has a trigger very much like the model 10 revolver. A fairly long steady pull with no stacking in DA and a short crisp pull in SA which makes them both ideal for quick double tap groups.
The 38spl has less recoil so it's quicker to get back on target but there's just something about the solid oomph of 45acp. :)
Like you I'd like to have a SA revolver but in my case an early 3 screw Ruger Blackhawk in .357 is on top of my wish list.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts