Glock Firearms banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
The most I’ve ever spent on a watch is $240.00. I’m just too hard on watches to spend much more because mine always end up scratched up. When the time comes, I know I’ll have to spend more for a decent tritium watch though.

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
The most I’ve ever spent on a watch is $240.00. I’m just too hard on watches to spend much more because mine always end up scratched up. When the time comes, I know I’ll have to spend more for a decent tritium watch though.
If you watch eBay and know what your looking for, lightly used luminox watches can be found for sub $300. You have to do your research. There are some fakes on there also.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I think I may have already posted this - I own a Tag Heuer Link that was a gift from a girlfriend. I didn’t want it because I also had a history of being hard on watches.

I beat the crap out of that watch wearing it - specifically fly fishing (wading/falling on rocks). The crystal looks as clean as the day I got it. I’m blown away by how it held up. Way better than any of my previous “mid-range” watches had.

·
King of my Castle until my wife comes home
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I think I may have already posted this - I own a Tag Heuer Link that was a gift from a girlfriend. I didn’t want it because I also had a history of being hard on watches.

I beat the crap out of that watch wearing it - specifically fly fishing (wading/falling on rocks). The crystal looks as clean as the day I got it. I’m blown away by how it held up. Way better than any of my previous “mid-range” watches had.
Is amazing the difference a Sapphire crystal makes...

·
King of my Castle until my wife comes home
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Re- Watching the Sopranos in anticipation of the prequel the many Saints of Newark. Great series.
Watch Analog watch Light Clock Font

·
Registered
459 Posts
I connected with a guy on another forum that had a cousin in Hungary with friends in Germany they hit a dozen shops and were able to get 9 of the 40th anniversary of the P80 watches. Shipping from Germany was obnoxious so they went from Germany to Budapest to Arizona then out to individuals from there. I don’t expect these to ever be of great value and fully expect more will show up in the US but being part of the craziness to track them down and get them here was fun and worth the purchase price.

·
Super Moderator
74,876 Posts
I connected with a guy on another forum that had a cousin in Hungary with friends in Germany they hit a dozen shops and were able to get 9 of the 40th anniversary of the P80 watches. Shipping from Germany was obnoxious so they went from Germany to Budapest to Arizona then out to individuals from there. I don’t expect these to ever be of great value and fully expect more will show up in the US but being part of the craziness to track them down and get them here was fun and worth the purchase price.

Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
My son seems to be "getting into" high end watches, but I'm kind of a simpleton.
I have my two Seikos and a plastic Casio. All keep good time and the Seikos
are really nice to my tastes. I can NOT STAND these "modern" alarm clock sized
wristwatches that appear to be for those wearing a wet suit or snow ski outfit.
And what's up with that little bastard on TV walking around with a damned alarm
clock around his neck? He needs to be slapped until he loses total bladder and
bowel control!!

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
My son seems to be "getting into" high end watches, but I'm kind of a simpleton.
I have my two Seikos and a plastic Casio. All keep good time and the Seikos
are really nice to my tastes. I can NOT STAND these "modern" alarm clock sized
wristwatches that appear to be for those wearing a wet suit or snow ski outfit.
And what's up with that little bastard on TV walking around with a damned alarm
clock around his neck? He needs to be slapped until he loses total bladder and
bowel control!!
Smile White Sunglasses Gesture Musician

·
Registered
459 Posts
Colion Noir’s Instagram Post yesterday. He’s an addict for high end watches, cars and guns.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts