Glock Firearms banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
King of my Castle until my wife comes home
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Just picked up from FFL jail. Rock Island Armory STK100.
First impressions pre firing.
It feels solid, being all metal gun. The aluminum frame is excellent. Checkering is aggressive. Finish looks like it could be improved, came with small scratch on slide and trigger. Some rub wear on the barrel. Recoil spring feels heavy, if that makes sense. Frame has a very 1911 feel to it, nice extended beaver tail. Will see how it performs once I take to range.

Pictured with Rolex 126710BLRO
Rectangle Everyday carry Gadget Font Electric blue

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Has anyone checked out the new 35th Anniversary Glock watch? The price is a little steep at $400.00 but it does look nice. I’d still rather get a tritium watch though. I’m surprised Glock didn’t put tritium markers on their watch.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I've been into watches longer than I have guns. My current watch collection of 12, and yes I'm a Seiko fan. They just always work, much like Glocks. Some are inexpensive and some are not.
Watch Wood Gadget Watch accessory Everyday carry

I used to wear a Seiko pager watch back in the 90’s. Somehow it’s survived multiple house moves, & safe swaps. Even a couple marriages..

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
You’re right about Seiko watches. I’m on my 3rd one now. The one I have now was my first Kinetic watch and the only bad thing is that it cannot be worn while shooting. I wish Seiko made a Tritium watch, but they don’t.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Wish it was metal and not plastic
How do you put DLC on plastic?

• Elegant solar-powered Chronograph
  • Titanium case
  • Sapphire crystal glass
  • Water resistant to 10 ATM
  • Black mesh band plus an additional interchangeable green silicone band
  • Luminous green clock hands

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I am going to sit out on the Glock Watch. I do not like straps, all my watches are metal bracelet. Looks interesting though.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I am going to sit out on the Glock Watch. I do not like straps, all my watches are metal bracelet. Looks interesting though.
I might of bought it before my iPhone XR decided to work when it wants to yesterday. I had to buy the new phone outright to keep my current unlimited plan, & it won’t be here until the 24th, lol!

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I am going to sit out on the Glock Watch. I do not like straps, all my watches are metal. Looks interesting though.
All of my watches have been metal bracelets too. I’d be willing to try one the hard polymer bracelets, but I don’t care for the silicone, fabric or leather bands. The two latter kind absorb sweat and could get to stinking after a while.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
All of my watches have been metal bracelets too. I’d be willing to try one the hard polymer bracelets, but I don’t care for the silicone, fabric or leather bands. The two latter kind absorb sweat and could get to stinking after a while.
I would be open to a ceramic or hard polymer bracelet. Rado Watch has my interest...

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Me too. That lime green band looks terrible, so I’d definitely leave the black band on if I were to get one, which I’m not. I’ve got my heart set on the IsoBrite Afterburner with the red face. The red faced Afterburner model is the only one with the 3-color tritium tubes.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Nice, I am thinking of getting a Tudor Chrono (Panda). Still in the thought process. I have not seen one in person yet, kinda afraid to do so cause next thing I know my wallet has broken out of my pocket CC has been swiped and I wake up with a new watch on my wrist. I think my hand, wrist and wallet conspire against me...

·
Registered
448 Posts
The black band is metal mesh with nDLC coating. The watch is titanium.

GLOCK Precision 35th Anniversary
Quality watch features
  • Elegant solar-powered Chronograph
  • Titanium case
  • Sapphire crystal glass
  • Water resistant to 10 ATM
  • Black mesh band plus an additional interchangeable green silicone band
  • Luminous green clock hands

Design elements inspired by GLOCK pistols
  • nDLC coating on both the watch and the mesh band
  • Serrations on the case emulates the pistol slide
  • Rough texture on the silicone band is similar to the pistol frame
I own one because I’m a Glock fanboy and it’s a 35th anniversary item. I (and a few others) are going to extensive lengths to get the Yellow 40th anniversary of the P80 from Europe. Just because it’ll be something most people don’t have.

My only real disappointment is the watch does not have any Tritium, the hands are only luminous. Regardless, California has still determined the watch causes cancer and makes your balls fall off

It looks better than expected

·
Registered
448 Posts
I originally was going to post the pics of the Glock watch here as a joke. As much as I love Glock $400 is not a high end watch. It wouldn’t be something I purchased for the watch - $400 falls into no-mans land for me. Not high end enough nor cheap enough for my typical choices.

This purchase was purely as a fan/Glock collector.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts