Glock Firearms banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I wish I could get some high end stuff. My “fancy” watches are bulova and seiko
I’m in the same boat. I only have one watch at a time and I wear them until they either quit or get so beat up they look awful. My current is a Seiko but I really want a tritium watch. The most I can see paying is about $400.00 which limits me to the lower end of the tritium watches like Armourlite or Traser.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I’m in the same boat. I only have one watch at a time and I wear them until they either quit or get so beat up they look awful. My current is a Seiko but I really want a tritium watch. The most I can see paying is about $400.00 which limits me to the lower end of the tritium watches like Armourlite or Traser.
My Luminox barely glows anymore.

·
King of my Castle until my wife comes home
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I wish I could get some high end stuff. My “fancy” watches are bulova and seiko
I have a Grand Seiko and love it. It is in my regular rotation. One of my favorite watches. Come check out the groups if you can...
Watch Analog watch Azure Clock Watch accessory

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Come join group you may find a micro brand or other that fits the bill.

Reactions: Bayou

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
No, can you post a few pics. I always like seeing something new. .
Does anyone own a Vaer? They have a couple retro pieces that have caught my eye.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Another thing I noticed about my Seiko, which is a Kinetic type watch, is to never wear a Kinetic type watch while shooting a pistol. On the first and only time I ever did that the watch went into a "hyper" mode and the minute hand was moving even faster than a second hand normally moves. I thought I ruined the watch, but after a couple days it settled back down, so I reset it and it started working normally again.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I've got my eye on this Armourlite/Isobrite ISO313, but would be concerned with how old the tritium tubes in it are since it is a clearance item.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I've got my eye on this Armourlite/Isobrite ISO313, but would be concerned with how old the tritium tubes in it are since it is a clearance item.
Watch will be under MFG warranty so you don't lose. If weak send to mfg for replacement...

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
So heard everyone and I am consolidating the watch groups into a single group not brand related so all are welcome...

Reactions: Lucian_253

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Deep Blue and Nite are also very nice looking tritium watches. I like how some models mix 3 or 4 tritium colors on the same watch and the lume looks sharp. Again, these brands are also out of my price range. Another example of my champagne taste and beer income.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
So heard everyone and I am consolidating the watch groups into a single group not brand related so all are welcome...

All FB has put us in fb jail and under review as we are a 2nd ammendment group and I made the mistake of saying my son is selling Rosaries for $110.00 usd... thus they associated the money to a gun price and put us in FB jail... lesson learned. Of course the bots are quick to catch and humans slow to review... no rule was broken the bot can't reason... so now we wait....

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I’d be curious to know what it costs to replace tritium tubes in a watch. I would think the cost be such that it’s only worth it if you have high end watch.
Under warranty free. Usually it is not more than the watch is worth with any brand who offers service... normally about 10 to 25% value of watch...

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Deep Blue and Nite are also very nice looking tritium watches. I like how some models mix 3 or 4 tritium colors on the same watch and the lume looks sharp. Again, these brands are also out of my price range. Another example of my champagne taste and beer income.
Send link...

21 - 40 of 84 Posts