2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so
Check these groups out.

·
King of my Castle until my wife comes home
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gshocks are beasts! Most of us whom have Rolex and others also have a few Gshocks in the collection...

Reactions: Lucian_253

·
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come join the group anyway you might get into a new hobby... I bought a Rolex Submariner green bezel and Dial for 9k in mid 2019, I sold it yesterday for 25k used... it is amazing. You don't always make money like that but it plays in the hobby...
Not necessarily high end, but I’ve been wanting to get a tritium watch. I can’t see paying over $400.00 for one though.

·
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used to be before kids. I had a Rolex, etc. Now I wear a Casio g shock, lol!
Gshocks are beasts! Most of us whom have Rolex and others also have a few Gshocks in the collection...

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I sure like the Ball tritium watches, but they are way out of my price range. I’m more than likely going to get an Armorlite or Traser.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Funny story - When I was much younger, a girlfriend bought me a Tag Heuer automatic at Macy’s. I know automatics will have some variance on time but this one would occasionally swing +/- 10min, which was too much for me.

I went into Macy’s and asked to exchange it for a new one (same watch). Was told they could not do exchanges and I would have to send it to Tag for repair. I said I did not want a $1,000+ repaired watch and wanted to exchange for a new one. The manager wouldn’t budge either.

I waited a few days and went back to try a different sales person/manager. Same story.

Thought about it and got up early on a Saturday and instead of jeans/tshirt, I put on a suit and tie. Saw the first manager I has spoken with, walked up and said “My watch doesn’t keep accurate time, I’d like to exchange for a new one”

He said “Yes sir, I will order a new watch for you now. We should have it for you in a couple of days”

I got a new Tag.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I used to wear that Tag everywhere, including fly fishing in a river that was like wading on greased bowling balls. In all the spills and falls I took, it never showed even the slightest scratch on the crystal. I’m still amazed when I look at it today knowing what it went through.

Reactions: Dark Knight

·
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have heard great things about Ball. I just can't get over that they are Chinese owned... but many whom own Ball love the LUME as it is AMAZING.
I sure like the Ball tritium watches, but they are way out of my price range. I’m more than likely going to get an Armorlite or Traser.

Reactions: Bayou

·
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Funny story - When I was much younger, a girlfriend bought me a Tag Heuer automatic at Macy’s. I know automatics will have some variance on time but this one would occasionally swing +/- 10min, which was too much for me.

I went into Macy’s and asked to exchange it for a new one (same watch). Was told they could not do exchanges and I would have to send it to Tag for repair. I said I did not want a $1,000+ repaired watch and wanted to exchange for a new one. The manager wouldn’t budge either.

I waited a few days and went back to try a different sales person/manager. Same story.

Thought about it and got up early on a Saturday and instead of jeans/tshirt, I put on a suit and tie. Saw the first manager I has spoken with, walked up and said “My watch doesn’t keep accurate time, I’d like to exchange for a new one”

He said “Yes sir, I will order a new watch for you now. We should have it for you in a couple of days”

I got a new Tag.
That sucks. But yeah normally you have to go the repair route. Very similar to firearms...

·
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can't do invicta... to much of a blatant theft of Rolex and other designs.
I wear invicta and Rolex usually with a few others added in the rotation

·
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I used to wear that Tag everywhere, including fly fishing in a river that was like wading on greased bowling balls. In all the spills and falls I took, it never showed even the slightest scratch on the crystal. I’m still amazed when I look at it today knowing what it went through.
Modern Sapphire crystals are amazing aside from meeting with tile or other big bang they can take all kinds of abuse...

·
Premium Member
13,168 Posts
I wish I could get some high end stuff. My “fancy” watches are bulova and seiko
Wow Bulova watches have come down in price! I had one in the early 2000’s that I paid well over $1k for. I know that’s not a lot for a watch, but at the time it was a lot for me, lol!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts