Is anyone else having this problem - board related

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 890A, Feb 27, 2012.

1. I am trying to add a sig or signature that would show up at the bottom of each post but every format and every size i've tried does not work. I've noticed that Shooter13 is able to do this but I am not. I've tried jpeg, jpg, png, everything and made it so small you can barely see it. Still doesn't show up. Just the link shows. I am putting the img tags around the link too and it doesnt work. I don't get it. This works for me on virtually every other message board.

2. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I think it is something only vendors, mods, and admin can get. a pic won't work in my sig line either

3. Well I hope they change that soon if that's the case. I've been in contact with a couple of mods but they weren't aware of that I guess.

4. Motorcharge

Motorcharge New Member

It is. Image sigs are disabled for regular users. Given how the site is being run like JF, and CP I doubt we'll ever get them.

5. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Hang in there folks. We are working on a fix!

6. good times :D

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting Member

Would like an interpretation of the highlighted text... JF? CP?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  8. havasu

He is referring to Jeep Forum and City Profile, which are two other forums within this same family. My favorite is Plumbing Forums (www.plumbingforums.com), but I am just a little prejudiced. :p

9. havasu

This was run by the brass, and it was determined that it takes up too much bandwidth and will slow down the forum.

10. it takes zero bandwidth if the photo is hosted by another server (photobucket):rolleyes:

11. Motorcharge

Motorcharge New Member

This. I love this and the other forums, but their refusal to catch up with the times is annoying. The only time image signatures are taking up too much bandwidth is when viewing mobile, but the app negates that issue.

12. havasu

Remember, I'm just the messenger, so don't shoot me! I would like to know how many members would actually use this feature? If there are a considerable amount of folks who would like to see it implemented, I'd go another round with the boss.

13. Motorcharge

Motorcharge New Member

At the very least have them do some research into their claims that it takes too much bandwidth. It really has nothing to do with the site's bandwidth at all, especially considering the fact that we can upload full pictures already anyway as well as avatars.

Limiting the size to 1500x5000 pixels (1"x5") is usually enough to keep people happy and not be obnoxious in my experience.

14. havasu

I apologize. Bandwidth was what I wrote but space was what I was referring to. I do agree that if downloaded to a Photobucket or other on line imaging source, this won't take up much space if any. I personally dislike those on-line sources because if the photos are deleted, you end up with a blank box for people to see.

I just have one question for those wanting it. What do you plan on inserting into the signature? Just wondering...

15. Motorcharge

Motorcharge New Member

I just use adblock for firefox and block red x's and anything I don't feel like seeing.

Dunno yet. I'd end up making something new every few weeks more than likely. I get bored and start messing around in photoshop lol