Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like with a gen4,you are paying more for the same gun.I will be buying a model22 within a week.just wanted to know if the 4 was worth the extra cash

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Most that have Gen4's IMO are buying them for the newer smaller grips{that why I've bought several of them now}. Also they come with three magazines instead of two. So if you consider the extra mag, the cost kind of off sets itself.

·
Registered
637 Posts
My gen 3 came wit 3 mags also. Few minor issues with gen 4 but the choice is urs. I swapped mine for gen 3.... It's FLAWLESS.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yeah mine was a shooters pack I guess an extra mag & a range bag makes it a shooters pack idk. But for $499 & free shippin ill take it lol

·
Registered
285 Posts
If your getting blue label they are same price. Both come with 3 mags. The red label comes with 2 mags for gen 3 and 3 for gen 4. The only price different should be for the extra mag. So maybe 20-25 more. Hold both and if you can shoot both. The slimmer grip might make a world of difference for you.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Being in California I dont even get a choice :( but I love my gen 3 g17

·
Registered
637 Posts
mauro3005 said:
If your getting blue label they are same price. Both come with 3 mags. The red label comes with 2 mags for gen 3 and 3 for gen 4. The only price different should be for the extra mag. So maybe 20-25 more. Hold both and if you can shoot both. The slimmer grip might make a world of difference for you.
What do u mean by blue & red label

·
Registered
285 Posts
Blue label are the flicks they sell to law enforcement at a discounted price. Or if you get a 2 yr membership to GSSF you can buy at the discounted price

·
Registered
637 Posts
mauro3005 said:
Blue label are the flicks they sell to law enforcement at a discounted price. Or if you get a 2 yr membership to GSSF you can buy at the discounted price
Oh. Well I'm no leo or have a membership I just bought it online lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info guys I do have older g27 and just got to have its big brother.I'm going with the g22 gen 4.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I got my Gen4 $60 cheaper then the Gen3. So far me it was worth it.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I chose the gen 3 (model 23).

The extra mag with the gen 4 was not a big deal and the grip on the gen3 was fine. I used the money I saved to buy projectiles.

If you shoot a lot and like a smaller or larger grip, the gen 4 with the extra mag and backstraps may be worth it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like the smaller grip of the Gen 4, feels more natural in my hand. I really grew to like the texture as well once I fired them a few times. The extra mag is an added value as well.

Based on that, any Glock I buy will likely be a Gen 4.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Another (assumed) benefit of the Gen4's are the double recoil spring. I am debating now on the Gen4 21 for myself now. Let us know what you end up buying with a review etc. Thanks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I fought between gen4 g21, gen 3,g 21,,and hens 3& 4 g22 and went with g22 gen 3 .it felt better in my hands.price was not a deal breaker. Oh and just didn't like the grip texture of the 4s.review through my eyes to come.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts