is a gen four worth the extra money

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by kulok77, Mar 26, 2012.

1. kulok77

kulok77 New Member

It seems like with a gen4,you are paying more for the same gun.I will be buying a model22 within a week.just wanted to know if the 4 was worth the extra cash

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum kulok77 !!

Personal preference in my opinion...

3. Most that have Gen4's IMO are buying them for the newer smaller grips{that why I've bought several of them now}. Also they come with three magazines instead of two. So if you consider the extra mag, the cost kind of off sets itself.

4. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

My gen 3 came wit 3 mags also. Few minor issues with gen 4 but the choice is urs. I swapped mine for gen 3.... It's FLAWLESS.

5. In most instances the Gen3's only come with two.:cool:

6. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Yeah mine was a shooters pack I guess an extra mag & a range bag makes it a shooters pack idk. But for $499 & free shippin ill take it lol

7. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

If your getting blue label they are same price. Both come with 3 mags. The red label comes with 2 mags for gen 3 and 3 for gen 4. The only price different should be for the extra mag. So maybe 20-25 more. Hold both and if you can shoot both. The slimmer grip might make a world of difference for you.

8. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Being in California I dont even get a choice :( but I love my gen 3 g17

9. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

What do u mean by blue & red label

10. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

Blue label are the flicks they sell to law enforcement at a discounted price. Or if you get a 2 yr membership to GSSF you can buy at the discounted price

11. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

Glocks not flicks*

12. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Oh. Well I'm no leo or have a membership I just bought it online lol

13. kulok77

kulok77 New Member

Thanks for the info guys I do have older g27 and just got to have its big brother.I'm going with the g22 gen 4.

14. ParteePants

ParteePants New Member

Stupid autocorrect! Lol

15. I got my Gen4 $60 cheaper then the Gen3. So far me it was worth it.

16. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

I chose the gen 3 (model 23).

The extra mag with the gen 4 was not a big deal and the grip on the gen3 was fine. I used the money I saved to buy projectiles.

If you shoot a lot and like a smaller or larger grip, the gen 4 with the extra mag and backstraps may be worth it.

17. msandoval858

msandoval858 New Member

I like the smaller grip of the Gen 4, feels more natural in my hand. I really grew to like the texture as well once I fired them a few times. The extra mag is an added value as well.

Based on that, any Glock I buy will likely be a Gen 4.

18. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

Another (assumed) benefit of the Gen4's are the double recoil spring. I am debating now on the Gen4 21 for myself now. Let us know what you end up buying with a review etc. Thanks.

19. teksid

teksid Well-Known Member

Let me put it this way,I wish my three Gen 3's were Gen 4's too.I really like the grip better.

20. kulok77

kulok77 New Member

Well I fought between gen4 g21, gen 3,g 21,,and hens 3& 4 g22 and went with g22 gen 3 .it felt better in my hands.price was not a deal breaker. Oh and just didn't like the grip texture of the 4s.review through my eyes to come.