Glock Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first Gen 5 glock, it's a glock 19 Gen 5 and I was wondering if they are as reliable and durable as Gen 3 or 4?? Also are they safe to carry a round chambered like other gens?? I haven't gotten a chance to test it yet and would like to know if I should trust it or not

·
Registered
134 Posts
I can't speak for gen 5, but my 19.4 ate 150 rounds of Winchester USA Forged in one visit without fail as long as I was using OEM Glock magazines. My magpul magazine seized up with it. The one P365 magazine I loaded the stuff in seized up as I was hand stripping rounds. The ammo is absolute garbage but my G19 with OEM mags did not care.

I only have one Glock. I'm glad it's a Glock 19. A G26 would make an awesome backup for it.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Howdy.
Never laid hands on a Gen 4 or 5. Can't wear out my Gen3. Respring it and go. The operating mechanics haven't changed though. No reason to doubt them.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Only mine a week and have run 200 rounds through it so far from brand new, so far no functional issues, runs like a dream. We don’t have carry here unfortunately but given the correct holster I cannot find any way to find fault with this gun other than the fit and finish could be better. Already the paint on the slide stop is rubbing of and I hardly ever use it ?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Only mine a week and have run 200 rounds through it so far from brand new, so far no functional issues, runs like a dream. We don’t have carry here unfortunately but given the correct holster I cannot find any way to find fault with this gun other than the fit and finish could be better. Already the paint on the slide stop is rubbing of and I hardly ever use it ?
6 hours old and 11 posts. You've been busy.
Howdy Dog.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts