Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you prefer? Why?

(absolutely no bashing, please keep it civil and fact based)

*sent on my iPhone

·
Registered
430 Posts
iPhone camera and video are great!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Most of droid apps are free because they are junk. A lot of android apps have big time glitches because the android os is not designed for a specific piece of hardware. So app resolutions and layouts vary too much between devices. The IPhone is way better and more reliable because app makers don't have to worry about coding it for different hardware.

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
Android. Unlimited user customizations, free apps, easier to root (jailbreak), larger selection of available devices to meet user needs, bigger screen, better battery, AMOLED technology, and just an all around friendlier graphic user interface.

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Ghost23 said:
Android. Unlimited user customizations, free apps, easier to root (jailbreak), larger selection of available devices to meet user needs, bigger screen, better battery, AMOLED technology, and just an all around friendlier graphic user interface.
+1
Right on the money bro.
I've fell off the rooting scene since I got my first glock though.

·
Administrator
131,698 Posts
Currently loving the I phone good size and easy to use and has everything I want except for a decent speaker phone. The major downfall is crapy battery life however I am on the three of mine all day.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I can also utilize PDA net to link my Droid to my laptop in order to have a full size computer anywhere. I tried with the iPhone and they told me this would be impossible.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
I love my I phone it's just the perfect design, I love I cloud and the fact I can transfer things and sync them with my I pad.

·
Registered
285 Posts
iPhone

More stable platform
More update support
Better hardware software integration
More efficient software and hardware
Best camera
AirPlay with Apple TV
Integration with apple computers
Higher quality material
Siri
Smoother user interface
Reduced security issues. Example (malware)
I like the simplicity Apple aims for ( same reason I love Glock)
I drive a Honda, Shoot a Glock, Have an LG tv, iPhone, Mac computer. All these things go with my way of thinking. Reliable, high quality, and ironically tend to be companies with proven track records and high customer satisfaction. Oh yea and I have a ps3 which tends to be "more reliable" than Xbox.

·
Registered
22 Posts
iPhone, hands down...... The iPhone is just the best there is!!! It is so much more versatile and user friendly than anything else on the market... The iPhone can be whatever YOU the consumer would like for it to be, from a toy to a tool... Anyone from an 8 year old child to an 80 year old lady to a CEO of a fortune 500 company can get optimum use out of the iPhone.... It will meet all their needs..... As far as price goes, you get what you pay for!!! I have owned every iPhone since the first Gen and I have always gotten my money's worth out of the phone... I just take care of my phone and when the new one comes out I have always been able to sell my old phone to pay for the new one... I've basically been upgrading for free since the first one came out... Lol ...... To each's own but I have had nothing but great experiences with iPhones and I absolutely love them.... I guess it's just like Ford and Chevy, you kinda get it in your blood and nothing else will do no matter what anyone else tries to tell you... Lol

·
Happy Member :)
5,099 Posts
iPhone, I jailbroke my phone with the click of one button(not that hard) love the screen but only on the 4 and up. Easy to use. And I only paid $100 for it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
mauro3005 said:
iPhone

More stable platform
More update support
Better hardware software integration
More efficient software and hardware
Best camera
AirPlay with Apple TV
Integration with apple computers
Higher quality material
Siri
Smoother user interface
Reduced security issues. Example (malware)
I like the simplicity Apple aims for ( same reason I love Glock)
I drive a Honda, Shoot a Glock, Have an LG tv, iPhone, Mac computer. All these things go with my way of thinking. Reliable, high quality, and ironically tend to be companies with proven track records and high customer satisfaction. Oh yea and I have a ps3 which tends to be "more reliable" than Xbox.
I kinda have the same way of thinking....... Since 2001 I have had an 01, 06, 08 and just bought the 2012 Honda Accord and loved them all and had absolutely no problems with any of them... Have all the other exact same stuff except I have Samsung TV's but have heard that LG's are great and I just got an Xbox 360 yesterday but that was because someone bought it for me as a wedding gift so I guess I'll see how that works out.. Lol!!! But I have always been one to think that you get what you pay for..... If you pay a lil more for something that is more reliable and lasts longer... That just makes more $en$e to me.. Lol

·
Registered
285 Posts
TheNativeOne said:
I kinda have the same way of thinking....... Since 2001 I have had an 01, 06, 08 and just bought the 2012 Honda Accord and loved them all and had absolutely no problems with any of them... Have all the other exact same stuff except I have Samsung TV's but have heard that LG's are great and I just got an Xbox 360 yesterday but that was because someone bought it for me as a wedding gift so I guess I'll see how that works out.. Lol!!! But I have always been one to think that you get what you pay for..... If you pay a lil more for something that is more reliable and lasts longer... That just makes more $en$e to me.. Lol
Yup I completely agree. I try to get the best I can for what I can afford. I try not to be a "fanboy" if Apple went downhill I would get whatever is the best on the market but so far Apple meets my needs better than the others IMO. I've considered android before I got the 4s. Apple always delivers when they come out with a new phone. It can be tempting having to wait for a new iPhone since Androids come out every other month. But every iPhone that comes up pushes the bar higher. Specs are not everything! An iPhone doesn't have as much power because the is doesn't need it too run fast. They have smooth running os systems that are efficient.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
As an IT guy, I'd say iPhone.

I love the fact that my family members don't call me for support. For the general public, the iPhone is the best choice out there. As a corporation, we do not allow Android devices on our network due to the very thing that makes Android devices so great- open source. There's no good way for us ensure that BYOD does not contain any malicious software in an open source environment. Thus the minus of the iPhone/iOS is actually a plus in a corporate user environment.

Most of our IT dept and more "tech savvy" users go with Android phones because they truly are fun to futz with.

But for the general public, the "it just works" thing is attractive, not the ability to root, or google maps, free apps, etc. etc.

I support both (and Blackberry OS) and I use both. My "EDC" is an iPhone.

D

1 - 20 of 99 Posts