Indiana Marine in trouble in NYC

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by mritim, Jan 21, 2012.

1. mritim

mritim New Member

2. Marine or not, legally registered or not, u cannot carry a hanfgun in NY without a permit. If you try and check a weapon at the empire state building that you shouldnt be carrying, thats going to happen.

As a marine he should be trained in enough hand to hand to be in NYC without the need to carry illegally. He failed to do his research it seems.

3. MikeV826

MikeV826 New Member

I completely agree. Know the laws in the state you're carrying and this won't happen. There are plenty of resources out there if you want to find out legal info in a particular state. Staying out of jail is as simple as a Google search. Just because he is a Marine doesn't grant him special gun carrying privileges. Thank you for serving but don't expect special treatment when you violate a states firearm policy.

4. And of all the places to go with a handgun, the empire state building. Complete lack of regard.

5. MikeV826

MikeV826 New Member

Yeah seriously. Unbelievable. I wouldn't even consider carrying in another state without checking to see if they accept my license first. Let alone inside of a world famous skyscraper in the middle of a first class city. Use your brain

6. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

What do these stories have in common, NY. Jst dnt go to ny :)

7. Or NJ. Why don't people look into this crap? I mean seriously she appears to be a smart woman.

The sad part is both of these people were actually trying to do the right thing and check the weapon with police. They just never stopped to think (or blatently ignored) that NY is not the south or midwest.

With the TN woman I honestly believe she probably never thought twice about it. Probably completely forgot she even had the damn thing. This is why all states should reciprocate. And these laws were not created to arrest people with no ill intent or prior criminal record. How does this **** get past the filter.

If I was a DA I would tell the police to politely f-off when they waste my time.