Increase at gun shows post Colorado massacre?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by JulesWinnfield, Jul 24, 2012.

1. I was planning on attending the upcoming Florida Suncoast Gun Show here in Tampa this August 4 & 5 for the past 3 months, however; in light of the recent Colorado mass murders & subsequent gun control rhetoric I'm expecting not only an increase in attendence but also in prices. Has anyone else noticed this in their neck of the woods yet?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  2. santhony

santhony New Member

Not yet. I went to a show last weekend here in charlotte and the glock prices were great. Wish I would have waited to purchase my 27, I could have saved about 80 bucks at the show.

3. ScottyBiddle

ScottyBiddle New Member

I went to a bill goodmans show here in south western Ohio and prices weren't jacked up but damn if there wasn't 3 times the amount of people that were there last month.

4. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

I went to the Gun Show last weekend here in Oklahoma City and the Glock prices were still pretty good.
    So I didn't see any increases in prices so far.

5. gladesbassin

gladesbassin Happy Member :) Supporter

It's not gun shows but I hear concealed carry permit applications are up 13% since the Colorado shootings. Not sure if it's just Florida or the whole country.

6. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Gun sales in CO are up 41% since the shooting. I haven't been to a gun show in a while, but there was someone being taught to shoot at the range yesterday afternoon and a couple of other people who were there renting guns to shoot and observing, which I don't normally see.

7. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Background checks here in Colorado are up 43% since Friday. But I have yet to hear of any gun stores, including my range, that are raising prices.