Glock Forum banner

In the state of pa, do you have to transfer a rifle?

3927 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  dwcfastrice
A guy wants to trade me a 30-06. I was wondering if it needs to be transferred, as I was told In pa anything over 18" doesn't need to be
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Anything that falls into the classification of a "rifle" (16") can be transferred privately without paperwork.

however, it is the responsibility of the person getting rid of the gun to make sure the person is not prohibited.

Most people I know (and i've done it this way a few times), is to have a bill of sale. There are free one available for printing and use here:
I also ask and have been asked to show my LTCF since if I have one, chances are I'm not a prohibited person.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.