Glock Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Glock 19 and a Glock 26.

I'm in the market for a new one. I was looking for something smaller. (For concealment) I was considering the Ruger LC9. But I'm not against anything else.

The 26 is my daily carry but I'm considering something smaller for a more descrete carry.

Any suggestions?

·
Happy Member :)
5,220 Posts
I have an lc9 and when concealed I'm not even worried about printing. The only thing is the trigger on it is a pretty long pull. Other than that I have no complaints it's a decent little gun, does it have to be a 9mm?

·
Member1
127 Posts
Check the kahr p380. I may get one. Its the most glockish pocket gun and its quality. Ive dry fired one but never actually shot one. Youtube it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
My pocket carry is a SigSauer P238. Love it! No printing and VERY reliable. Super sweet to shoot as well.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have an LC9 w/ CT, Kahr PM40 w/ NS, S&W Shield 40, and Beretta Nano for summer carry. The LC9 and PM40 are fine as long as you are ok with a revolver pull. The PM40 has a smoother trigger. The LC9 will not shoot without a mag in it. The Shield and Nano have roughly a 6.6 lb. pull. About a pound more than a Glock. The Shield is the only one that truly requires no tools to field strip but I've found you need to smack the mag base 3 or 4 times to make sure it is engaged for shooting. The Jury is still out on the Nano. Very clean lines and shoots better than the shooter but have been having extraction issues with 115 gr bullets. Beretta has told me their design is based around a heavier +P SD load but should cycle anything after break-in. Heading back to range with 124 gr bullets this week.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I love my Ruger LCP. I hate shooting it, but I love it's size.

·
771 Posts
REcommendation

I have an LC9 and love it, despite its trigger...Shoot it enough, develop the muscle memory, and you are good to go...Fits nicely in my front pocket, more so than my 26...thinner, lighter, and chambers the 9mm cartridge which I love..

·
Registered
656 Posts
I love my Ruger LCP. I hate shooting it, but I love it's size.
Forgot about that one. My Wife has one. I forget about her guns sometimes. She likes it fine. I like it better since adding the Crimson Trace Laserguard to it. With my mid-40's eyes I had trouble picking up the sights before that.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,462 Posts
I like my Keltec PF9. Very slim and trim and has a clip on it. Heavy trigger, decent sights.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

Usually sell in the mid 200's.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a KelTec P3AT, hides super easy but after shooting my friend's Kahr CM9, I'm looking to switch to that.

The Kahr also shoots with or without a mag and has no external safeties which is how I like it, is almost the same size but shoots a 9mm instead of a .380 round and also locks back when empty unlike my KelTec.

Also has useable sights unlike my KelTec. It is also almost double the money though. So if on a budget, that's something to consider obviously.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I recently sold a LCP. Thought it was a great little pistol. It is very concealable. My current everyday carry is a Beretta Nano. I really like it. There is a whole thread about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts