Glock Forum banner

Should Body Armor Be Strictly Reculated?

• Yes

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • No

Votes: 41 93.2%

In light of recent events should Body Armor be strictly regulated?

5K views 88 replies 25 participants last post by  Stove Pipe 
#1 ·
Please Answer the Poll and Share Your Thoughts.

First of all, I am praying for all the grieving families in TX and NY, as are most of you. Our pathetic president might even be praying for them because in his shameful speech after the TX tragedy he mentioned God several times. Although most of them seemed to me to be instances of taking God’s name in vain.

Unlike the walking national embarrassment who likes to say that deer don’t wear Kevlar, I strongly support the 2A and I understand that the Founders’ intent for the 2A was to empower average citizens to do what the Founders themselves had recently done—stand up against tyrannical government. That means the intent of the Founders was that average citizens have access to anything the military has. The walking national embarrassment mentioned a while back that to stand up to the government, people would need F-16s. One could make a strong argument that the Founders intended exactly that. In the early days of our nation, civilians could have ships with cannons, which at that time were the functional equivalent of F-16s.

As we know, body armor is not explicitly mentioned in the 2A. Yet, based on the above paragraph, I do think it is within the intent of the 2A, within the penumbra, as legal scholars would say. However, if media reporting is accurate on this detail (a big if), then both the recent sicko in NY and the recent sicko in TX were wearing body armor. Were it not for body armor, the perps would have gone down sooner and taken fewer precious lives in the process.

I am not one to trade freedom for safety because history shows that people who have made that trade usually end up having neither! However, recent tragic events are causing me to wonder whether body armor should be strictly regulated.

Here’s a question for the community:
Should body armor be strictly regulated? Why or why not?

By the way, this nation could dramatically reduce school shootings by hardening schools and by allowing school personnel to carry! Gun-free zones and guns laws—both of which are violated in every school shooting—obviously do not work!

See less See more
#73 ·
Well, I prefer prevention over restrictions
Those who take in precious cargo (esp. by law) should be required by law to be experts in self/others defense hand & handgun skills + armed rifle guards at the ready with special covert ports to rooms.

Some mentioned sleeping gas? IDK about all that ....

So ONLY IF such a law is passed, THEN it should price such armor so that for every one is purchased for a private citizen, THREE are paid for & send to local law enforcement or public/school guards.

#74 ·
Many of the anti-gunners have also called for “psychological screening” before being allowed to purchase a firearm. The problem I see with that is it’s far too subjective. I can see some liberally educated anti-firearm doctors just using their position to impose their views on society by not allowing people they don’t agree with to purchase a firearm. Besides, many sociopaths are also clever enough to beat a system like that. What do the rest of you think about this?

#80 ·
Yes. The argument has a lot of merit though. 55 grain 5.56 out of a 20+ inch barrel will defeat most Level III and less. I can't say about the 45-70, and although it is a formidable round for just about anything, armor has some quirky qualities.
Believe in it or not, I would really rather not have to put it to the test.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.