Impressions of Crossbreed Supertuck

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by jcrobert1983, Jul 13, 2012.

1. jcrobert1983

jcrobert1983 New Member

First of all just let me say that there are probably a ton of threads on here about crossbreed holsters and sorry but this is yet one more. Oh well, you must be at least somewhat interested in this holster otherwise you wouldn't be reading this thread. There are a ton of IWB holsters on the market and most of us probably have a nightstand full of them. There are a lot of different types of holsters made from different materials such as plastics, kydex, and leather. Crossbreed holsters are made from a combination of leather and kydex and is generally credited with making the first hybrid kydex and leather holsters widely available on the market (please correct me if i'm wrong) And there are tons of clones of this type of holster: Galco makes one, whitehat, ect. These holsters are made with different options and styles but I decided to go with the super tuck. I chose the super tuck because I carry the Glock 19 4th gen. It's a great size for me because its small enough to conceal but large enough to have a good grip and accurately shoot a target. I like to have a full grip on my gun and yes I know there are smaller models that you can put a bigger magazine in and get a fuller grip. Anyway, now about the super tuck. I received the holster from crossbreed two weeks after I ordered it. These holsters are not mass produced and they are made by order and by hand so I think that this is an acceptable amount of time. When you order by website you will get a confirmation of the order and you will receive a confirmation by email of when the holster ships and that's pretty much it as far as communication with the company. In contrast one of the venders on this forum made a kydex holster for me and had it shipped in 2 days. He also pm'd me with color preferences and updated me on its progress. (Thanks Mike P) Anyway, I wanted to try this type of holster and see if it lived up to the hype. I've had it about 3 or 4 weeks now which I think is enough time to give my impressions of how it performs. First off, the holster really does conceal well. The kydex part of the holster comes right up to the top of my pants line and yes it is adjustable if you want it to ride higher or lower. The kydex also keeps the holster open so when you draw your gun it won't collapse like a pancake style holster would. The holster is kept in place by 2 steel hooks that attach to your belt and these hooks keep the holster snugly to the side of your body. If you tuck in your outer shirt the hooks are visible but you can just blouse your outer shirt out a little or they make J hooks that go under the belt but I don't know how well they work. You can play around with where you place this holster but I find it works best right behind the hip but hey that's just my preference. I'm 5 feet 7 inches and weigh about 195 pounds so i'm not the pinnacle of skinny so I can attest that it fits us larger folks well. On the flip side my friend has this holster as well and he is as skinny as a toothpick. And he cares this thing every day. The leather part of this holster basically protects you from the gun. It does a great job of keeping my handle grips from poking me in the love handles. By the way there are different leather options available. If you live in a hot and humid area get the horse hide option trust me you'll thank yourself that you did. The horse hide cuts down on sweat buildup and doesn't transfer over to your clothes. There is also an option to get the holster in a combat cut in which some of the leather is trimmed away to make your draw a little faster but my opinion is this holster is for concealment. My draw is fine without the combat cut option and if I am going to the range I would prefer to wear an OWB holster anyway. The leather also distributes the weight of your gun so that it doesn't feel so heavy so that means you could get this holster to conceal bigger guns like a 1911. (my next purchase when I can scrap up some ext a money) It's not a perfect holster as there are a few minor annoyances but nothing to deter me from comfortably wearing it daily. First off, it is fairly comfortable out of the box but it really takes a few weeks to wear in the leather. The leather will conform to your hip eventually in a few weeks and it will get even more comfy. Secondly, the steel screws give a little bit for better adjustment but this causes the leather to squeak a bit when you move around. It'd not that noticeable in most environment you would be in but if you are in a really quiet area it's probably going to be noticable. All in all I like this holster. It works for me and no i'm not affiliated with crossbreed in any way nor am I some veteran gun expert that has tested everything there is out there. Hope you enjoyed my thread and I will try to include some pictures. I know y'all love pictures.

2. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

Great review! Now hurry and post some pics! ;)

3. jcrobert1983

jcrobert1983 New Member

Here are some pics of my crossbreed supertuck

Attached Files:

4. jcrobert1983

jcrobert1983 New Member

Oh and one more thing you really have to be realistic on the type of shirt that you wear. Yes you can conceal with a tshirt but if it's tight and a thin material than it's gonna imprint. Thin material golf pull overs same problem. But most people that conceal carry no that darker colors and slightly baggier shirts conceal better

5. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

I noticed your rear sight... are you rocking TruGlo TFOs?
    ( looks like mine :D )

6. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

Nice! They say lefties are the only people in their right mind. That being said - is that an OD accent wall in the boom-boom room? ;)

To me that's a big weapon to conceal - but I have a fear of printing and mho of course. Heck I think my g26 is 'herkermer' and debating a shield or XDs.

7. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I wear t-shirts and golf shirts all the time because it gets hot here during the summer. I carry a Glock 23 with a Maxtuck, and it is possible once you find where the perfect spot to carry the gun for you is. Mine does not print when standing straight, but it does slightly with bending, etc.

8. Blaze

Blaze Active Member Supporter

I noticed u should clean ur room before posting pic lol .. Just kidding

9. butcherboy

butcherboy New Member

Great review I think you just
    Helped make up my mind about what holster I should use this winter for my 23. Thank you

10. Nice review! You should break that up in sections to make it easier to read. Instead one loooooong paragraph. :)

11. ROYALE-W-CHEESE

ROYALE-W-CHEESE New Member

+1!

tencharacters

12. Scorpion911

Scorpion911 SheepDog

If you have a problem with squeaking use a small amount of baby powder it works wonders.

13. jcrobert1983

jcrobert1983 New Member

To answer a few replies, yes I Added True Glow night sites to my G19. And yes I need to clean my bedroom lol but it was the only mirror that went low enough to get a picture. I guess I could have cleaned the room first. As for the spacing thanks for the tip. I really didn't intend on writing a novel. But hey you know how it is when you talk about guns. I guess my English teacher would be mad at me. And finally I'm glad I could help someone else find a good holster but remember, go with what works for you if you don't like it send it back for a refund and oh yeah they have a lifetime warranty with normal use