Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to look like a tourist, photographer for Nat Geo, or a fly fisherman (at least not when I carry). One that says I'm on a relaxing day on the town with the fam, instead of screaming GUN!

Closest thing I can find is the Scottevest, but it's not specifically designed for CC....altho I think it would work. Looks very casual and would blend in well with everyday wear.

Any other suggestions?

Thx in advance

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I don't want to look like a tourist, photographer for Nat Geo, or a fly fisherman (at least not when I carry). One that says I'm on a relaxing day on the town with the fam, instead of screaming GUN!

Closest thing I can find is the Scottevest, but it's not specifically designed for CC....altho I think it would work. Looks very casual and would blend in well with everyday wear.

Any other suggestions?

Thx in advance
Does it have to be a vest?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't have to be, I guess. Just getting into summer and a vest would be cooler than a jacket. Lightweight jacket might work but I dismissed the idea because it would most likely print my G19. If it wouldn't print I'd be open for it

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Doesn't have to be, I guess. Just getting into summer and a vest would be cooler than a jacket. Lightweight jacket might work but I dismissed the idea because it would most likely print my G19. If it wouldn't print I'd be open for it
Just wondering, I live in Florida and never use a jacket. I have a lot of times I can't use a holster as well and I went for the Merlin Pack they have at WWW.glockstore.com I use it a lot now, even at the beach.:eek:

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Look back a little farther in this sub forum for" on days you just cant tuck" I put pictures of it with it on me as well.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I dunno anytime u wear specific purpose clothing its not really conceal carry anymore, people can tell
Thats why I went with the Merlin. A lot of people wear fanny packs and this one works nice, I have yet to have anyone question it being anything else. Besides, I use an insulin pump and I stick in the outer compartment , people just think im a sickie, well maybe that last statement is correct. Anyway it seems only guys like us that carry realize it is anything other than a fanny pack full of junk. And with a Long shirt, I wear the Bahamas myself when possible, you hardly notice it is there at all.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
dutchs said:
Thats why I went with the Merlin. A lot of people wear fanny packs and this one works nice, I have yet to have anyone question it being anything else. Besides, I use an insulin pump and I stick in the outer compartment , people just think im a sickie, well maybe that last statement is correct. Anyway it seems only guys like us that carry realize it is anything other than a fanny pack full of junk. And with a Long shirt, I wear the Bahamas myself when possible, you hardly notice it is there at all.
That sounds like.it blends right in

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Specially on fat old farts! ME!

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Scottevest is great from what I hear... I like the Merlin pack though cause here in Phoenix any additional clothing is liable to kill you, too hot....

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
...any additional clothing is liable to kill you, too hot....
This is my thought pretty much anywhere that's got any kind of Summer. Besides, even with something plain, wearing a vest or jacket of any kind in the Summer, unless it's raining, is going to stand out. If it's over 75 and sunny, and I see someone in a jacket, I immediately wonder what's wrong with them. :) Push that over 80 and a vest is going to bring up the same question.

Unless you are a photographer, on safari or fly fishing, a vest is going to stand out, even if all of it's pockets are on the inside (in which case they're going to bulge and print).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts