I'm looking for a conceal carry vest, but....

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by MikeMT, May 16, 2012.

1. MikeMT

MikeMT New Member

I don't want to look like a tourist, photographer for Nat Geo, or a fly fisherman (at least not when I carry). One that says I'm on a relaxing day on the town with the fam, instead of screaming GUN!

Closest thing I can find is the Scottevest, but it's not specifically designed for CC....altho I think it would work. Looks very casual and would blend in well with everyday wear.

Any other suggestions?

Thx in advance

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Does it have to be a vest?

3. MikeMT

MikeMT New Member

Doesn't have to be, I guess. Just getting into summer and a vest would be cooler than a jacket. Lightweight jacket might work but I dismissed the idea because it would most likely print my G19. If it wouldn't print I'd be open for it

4. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Just wondering, I live in Florida and never use a jacket. I have a lot of times I can't use a holster as well and I went for the Merlin Pack they have at WWW.glockstore.com I use it a lot now, even at the beach.:eek:

5. MikeMT

MikeMT New Member

Thx Dutchs...the Merlin Pack looks like it could fit the bill.

6. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Look back a little farther in this sub forum for" on days you just cant tuck" I put pictures of it with it on me as well.

7. I dunno anytime u wear specific purpose clothing its not really conceal carry anymore, people can tell

8. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Thats why I went with the Merlin. A lot of people wear fanny packs and this one works nice, I have yet to have anyone question it being anything else. Besides, I use an insulin pump and I stick in the outer compartment , people just think im a sickie, well maybe that last statement is correct. Anyway it seems only guys like us that carry realize it is anything other than a fanny pack full of junk. And with a Long shirt, I wear the Bahamas myself when possible, you hardly notice it is there at all.

9. That sounds like.it blends right in

10. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Specially on fat old farts! ME!

11. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Scottevest is great from what I hear... I like the Merlin pack though cause here in Phoenix any additional clothing is liable to kill you, too hot....

12. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

This is my thought pretty much anywhere that's got any kind of Summer. Besides, even with something plain, wearing a vest or jacket of any kind in the Summer, unless it's raining, is going to stand out. If it's over 75 and sunny, and I see someone in a jacket, I immediately wonder what's wrong with them. :) Push that over 80 and a vest is going to bring up the same question.

Unless you are a photographer, on safari or fly fishing, a vest is going to stand out, even if all of it's pockets are on the inside (in which case they're going to bulge and print).