Glock Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://herald-review.com/news/natio...age_a6e2bf75-673f-536a-801f-c5be00394241.html

In the paper today front head line reads: "Quinn pushes assault weapon ban."

The proposal which specifically bans the AK-47, AR-15 and TEC 9. He says, "It's very clear that these particular weapons are not designed to do anything but to have human targets."

He is all so pushing for regulations on ammunition sales:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/bil...1&GA=97&DocTypeID=SB&LegID=55510&SessionID=84

Of course he goes up to Chicago to purpose this.

REALLY? F'NING REALLY?:mad::mad::mad:

Looks like it is time to hit up the LGS to get my AR build underway before this comes to reality.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
High time the constituents in that state make their views and desires known to their representatives!
Yea I am going to do that! It's just I need to word it right without swearing cause this is strait up buuullll. :D

Only design for human target?!?!?!? I am just lost on words for that statement.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Yea I am going to do that! It's just I need to word it right without swearing cause this is strait up buuullll. :D

Only design for human target?!?!?!? I am just lost on words for that statement.
I saw a website some time ago, not sure what site (but it came out of a Google search result) about how to write your representative, and included some ideas for wordage when discussing "sensitive" issues. That might help. Maybe....

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Todd Vandermyde, an Illinois lobbyist for the National Rifle Association, said Quinn was going beyond his power as governor. He criticized the bill as a publicity stunt and added that the proposal was too broad.

"We have a national crisis on our hands. Chicago has a national crisis on its hands," said Dan Gross, head of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "We have to do everything we can do to prevent tragedy from happening."

Yea everything except allowing conceal carry. Which has been proven in other states to make the crime rate go down.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
547 Posts
With all of these politicians jumping on a sinking ship, they could make it a lot easier for us if they would include the email addresses. Then we could send enough email to sink their ship a lot faster. Then they could pick up a copy of good ol Webster's and look up the definition of ASSAULT, I just don't think a rifle has it in it.

·
likes cookies
73 Posts
The proposal which specifically bans the AK-47, AR-15 and TEC 9. He says, "It's very clear that these particular weapons are not designed to do anything but to have human targets."

Isn't that pretty much saying that anyone who owns one of those weapons intends on shooting human targets? That's pretty crappy.

If they spent half as much time and resources on promoting better values and beliefs as they do trying to babysit the country maybe we'd be in better shape. It shouldn't be a surprise that they won't though, how many politicians actually stand up for anything resembling "the right thing" in the first place? grrrr

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Same thing going on here in California right now...

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ca s 249

Same thing going on here in California right now...
Actually, we've already had an AWB in place since 1989. It was expanded in 1999. In 2012, they're trying to augment it yet again by banning the Bullet Button which would make AR workarounds illegal.

CA Senate Bill 249 has already passed the first chamber. It is sitting in the Assembly Appropriations Committee since July 3. Appropriations is usually the last committee stop before passing each chamber. Be extra careful about this on, my fellow CA gun owners...

CA S 249 AUTHOR: Yee
TITLE: Firearms: Assault Weapon Conversion Kits

SUMMARY:
Prohibits, with certain exceptions, any person from
importing, making, selling, loaning, transferring, or
possessing any conversion kit designed solely and exclusively
to convert certain firearms with a fixed magazine into
firearms with a capacity to accept a detachable magazine and
other features making the firearm an assault weapon. Makes
violation subject to criminal penalties. Authorizes a person
to arrange in advance to relinquish such kit to a police or
sheriff's department.

*Didn't mean to hi-jack the thread. Just thought I'd share the awareness.

Edit: I just saw the other thread "California Residents Read This Now" after I posted this message here. If a mod would move my message to the other thread, I'd be much obliged.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,608 Posts
Wow, sounds like they need a complete handgun ban there!

Wait... They had one for thirty years... Hmmm.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, sounds like they need a complete handgun ban there!

Wait... They had one for thirty years... Hmmm.

Don't give them any ideas. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.