Glock Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· I have the body of a god........Budda
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I wonder if there has been an increase because of Quinn trying to get an 'assault weapon' ban, because of the upcoming election, or if thats just standard
I'll venture a WAG and say our calls for black rifles have gone up around 40% but the fervor lessens when they find out the cost of a quality AR or AK.

· Banned
23,889 Posts
I was going to start a new thread, but thought this might fit here...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ave-9-dead-28-wounded-since-friday-night?lite

Having even a passing knowledge of gun control in Illinois, one can easily see the irony here.

My uncle who live in Bolingbrook is saying its because the gang in Chicago are running wild. A lot of these casualty's are because they cant shoot strait and are hitting innocent people. Chicago has stricter gun laws then the rest of the state but yet they have more shootings then the lower part of the state.

53 Posts
Heard this one today. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...source-of-city-crime-20120826,0,5776872.story

"Ander said she was surprised by the percentage of guns that came from Illinois, rather than from neighboring states with comparatively relaxed gun laws. About 42 percent of the guns came from Illinois. Indiana ranked second, contributing 18 percent of the guns, and Wisconsin accounted for about 4 percent."

· Premium Member
4,099 Posts
Heard this one today. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...source-of-city-crime-20120826,0,5776872.story

"Ander said she was surprised by the percentage of guns that came from Illinois, rather than from neighboring states with comparatively relaxed gun laws. About 42 percent of the guns came from Illinois. Indiana ranked second, contributing 18 percent of the guns, and Wisconsin accounted for about 4 percent."
And thats with Crook county bordering Indiana and only 25miles from Wisconsin.

· Registered
287 Posts
Emanuel said police have moved in more officers, removed guns and drugs off the street, and over the weekend, arrested 307 people and confiscated more than 100 weapons during several drug busts across the city.
"We can keep doing that," he said, "but we have to pass stronger gun laws in this state. We're not talking about repealing conceal/ carry, but making sure we have a tougher set of laws dealing with assault weapons and other types of guns."
The stupidity in that thought process is so astounding...

· Registered
1,326 Posts
I know sales are up here in AZ but we aren't having a Wave of Crime and Shootings. Our increase is due to the election and also people afraid that due to these shootings that a Magazine ban or a type of "Assault Weapons" Ban! Heck I am buying more Magazines including for guns I want to buy, just in case!

6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hmmmmmm, for some reason business has really picked up in the last week. Wonder why ?

Illinois State Police Firearms Service Bureau is having a difficult time keeping up with purchase approvals. Based on the ones I've called in lately gun approvals are running around 125+ per hour during the day and yearly total is fast approaching 300,000 if it hasn't already gone over.

Got two more Rock River AR's in today and one sold before I could log it in.

6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
It keeps going up re #s. On Sat' I had 5-6 4473s to call in to IL State Police for NICS. It took me 12 min' and the last approval number I got was 114 higher than the first. That's 9+ per min' which is 500+ per hour in the state of IL. 500+ per hour !

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.