If you practice shooting weak hand...

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by Augi, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Augi

Augi New Member

Was wondering how long it took for others to get good and to get comfortable. I spent todays time at the range shooting left handed. I put a couple hundred rounds down range. Real world is that I wouldn't even try to shoot lefty if there was a hostage being used as a shield. But, I did put 95% of my shots in a 12" target, mostly on the left side.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

It does take alot of practice...stick with it.

3. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

Surprisingly, I found out my weak hand is more accurate. So now I shoot with my weak hand but also practice my strong one.

4. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

My weak hand is almost as good as my strong hand only. So I just keep up a few mags a week playing with it to keep proficient.

5. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Im a lefty but I prefer to shoot right handed.

6. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Alot of people find they shoot as accurately or even more accurately with their weak hand, just alot slower.

To be as fast and as accurate with your weak as you are with strong you can figure on spending about twice as long as it took you to get that good with your strong side.

7. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Many do shoot more accurately off hand because they slow down and put more concentration into it.

One tip is to tip the pistol in very slightly. Not talkin "homey style". Just like a few degrees in. That helps with control of recoil. I like to practice with my strong hand holding onto a belt loop, around my back or flat on my chest. Just my $.02.