If you (fill in the blank) then you might be a gun nut.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GunnerGSP, Jun 2, 2012.

1. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

Ok. I imagine we have all heard and most of us enjoyed the "you might be a redneck" jokes. No offense to rednecks of course!

So I thought it would be fun to start a similar thread about firearms owners and some of the things we do in order to enjoy our freedom to own and use them - responsibly.

If this gets legs, great! If not, oh well...

It goes something like this:

If you run into Hickok45 at a gun show and you squeal like a tween girl at a boy band concert...then you might be a gun nut.

If you think the impending zombie apocalypse is a perfectly good excuse to buy another firearm...then you might be a gun nut.

2. if you dry fire with your glock 19 keychain.....

if you have fired 50,000 rounds and dry fired 1,000,000

if you talk about guns so much your other half keeps headphones in her pants pocket

when you find a new podcast and listen so much your woman knows who Tom Greshaw is even though she doesn't pay attention

your facebook picture, forum avatars, wallpaper, fridge magnets, and coffee cup all have shooting related images and not your newborns picture

oh and you have a second amendment print on the wall in a frame but you still have not hung the baby pictures from three months ago

The last 97 text messages on your phone are gun related. The only unread messages is from two weeks ago and has nothing to do with guns. Thats why it is unread.

Your ringtone is a mp3 of your gun firing even though the bank hates that

i may have a problem

3. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

If you get A WARM FUZZY FEELING DOWN YOUR LEG WAITING FOR YOUR GUN TO GET BACK FROM NUK! YOU MIGHT BE A GUN NUT!

4. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

There you go...that's the idea.

5. If you tuck your guns in at night, then you might be a gun nut....not saying I do that or anything!

6. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

If all your friends say that they are coming to your house during the zombie apocalypse you might be a gun nut.

If you own 2 of the same gun you might be a gun nut.

If your wife complains that your safe takes up to much of the closet you might be a gun nut.

If your are reading this you might be a gun nut

7. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

I like that last one ^^^^

8. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

If you buy a gun a month without your wife knowing about it.... You might be a gun nut.
    If you spend more time reading and posting on gun forums than interacting with real human beings... You might be a gun nut.
    If you web crawl or use an app to find cheapest ammo and or guns... You might be a gun nut.
    If you clear the shelves at your local wally of ammo " cause there may be a shortage" .... You may be a gun nut.
    If you have a drawer of holsters that you do not use or like but do not give them away cause you just might need it... You may be a gun nut.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  9. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

If you've ever been tempted to take a grocery cart into your local gun store...you might be a gun nut.

10. Eye_Peeled

Eye_Peeled 8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)

If, after the bartender asks "what'll ya have", you blurt out..."I'll have a Hoppes and Coke"...you might be a gun nut.

11. mikecu

mikecu New Member

You might be a gun nut if you just tried to name the new family dog "Glock" and then tried to take away the wife's power to veto the new name.

[​IMG]

12. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

These are money, dj. My family had to ask me what I was laughing at!

13. If your family has to ask what your laughing at....

14. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

WE have issues… banks the us… lol

If you are complaining bout having too many guns that you actually give away their cases cause you have run out of room for them… you may be a gun nut.

If you give away extra stuff on the Pay it forward thread cause you got too much… you may be a Gun nut.

If you plan your budget by boxes of ammo instead of dollars… you may be a gun nut.

15. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

If you look at inanimate objects at various distances and think to yourself "I can hit that from here."...then you might be a gun nut.

17. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

So im not the only one that dose that lol

18. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

If you keep your target from the gun range...

If you have a target in your house that you use for dry fire....

Attached Files:

19. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

If your answer to the question " how many guns are too many guns? " is a puzzled look on your face... Then you may be a gun nut.
    If your answer to the question " how many guns should I conceal carry? " is as many as you can... Then you might be a gun nut.
    If you spend more on accessories and custom work than the price of the GUN... You may be a gun nut.
    If you ever told your wife or husband this is the last gun I buy this year... You may be a gun nut.
    If you can name more than three different companies that make night sights... You may be a gun nut
    If when someone says laser you ask red or green (instinctively) you may be a gun nut

20. Donn

Donn Active Member

What about 3 of the same gun?