If I Could Only Buy One Glock

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by Ltrain, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

Hello Im looking to buy my first gun. I'm interested in one gun for home defense, range, uspsa, and carry on occasions. I'm a small guy w small hands. I really like the 26 and the 19. I can only have one. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

First thing you need to to is handle and shoot, sounds like you have it narrowed down to two models now just see which one fits your hands best and what you feel more comfortable shooting then you'll have your answer. Hope this helps kinda of cookie cutter answer but I think you'll find this to be what will best help

3. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

Thanks I agree . I'm excited and nervous at the same time about owning a gun.

4. glocknloaded

That's normal I have handled and shoot guns with my uncle at a very early age( mainly because I wanted me to have a respect and safety when around firearms) but just wasn't able to own a handgun up to about a month a ago and I felt the same way but since then the spark has reunited I'am currently building a AR 15 and looking to buy my second Glock.

Whether you find that you love the firearm world and become addicted to it like most of us here or just find that one for personal protection is all you need and it's not a hobby your into take some safety courses and familiarize yourself with it because as beautiful and fun as they can be they are also very dangerous if not handled properly or with negligence.

Good luck with your purchase and please follow up with pics of what you decide :)

P.S.- just be prepared for addiction to range time :)

5. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

I can tell its coming I'm already in love with the Benelli m4

6. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

My vote is with the G26 and some G17 magazines.

ForumRunner_20120401_185252.jpg

Gives you the carry advantages of the G26 when you want it, and the magazine capacities of the G17 when you want it. The grip with just the magazine is sufficient for me, but you can get magazine sleeves to match up with the grip for a better fit.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  7. G18!!!

But seriously. G19 is a great all around gun.

8. glocknloaded

Oh yeah you've got the bug hang on tight!! LoL

Great shot gun by the way :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  9. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

G19 gets my vote.

10. Tape

Tape New Member

then get the Benelli m4, get what you want and feel comfortable using.

11. cvitter

cvitter New Member

I think that the G19 is the best all around gun in the lineup (at least in 9mm).

The G19 is easy to conceal and easy to shoot and 9mm is about as affordable as it gets ammunition wise which is important because it will allow you to practice more.

The 26 is a good gun but it is too small in my opinion and won't be as much fun to shoot because of the grip. I was planning to buy a 26 after I got my 19 thinking that it would be easier to carry. Truth is there is little difference in carrying but a huge difference in grip and shooting. Now I will only consider getting a 26 if I ever decide to carry a BUG.

I bought a G34 for target shooting but at this stage I still shoot better with my G19 and I know quite a few folks who shoot their 19s in competition.

12. kf4ocv

kf4ocv New Member

A few months ago I was in the same boat. I settled on the G19 and have been well pleased. The G26 doesnt give you much to hold on to and I personnaly just didn't like the way it fit my hand but the G19 was like a glove. Try them both out before you buy.

13. kf4ocv

kf4ocv New Member

Which ever you get buy some spare G17 mags for time on the range.

14. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Well-Known Member

I agree with most guys on this thread, go with a G19 if you can only get one.

15. P35

P35 New Member

If I could have only one, It would be the original, the 17

16. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Ohio
    My choice would be the G30, great home defense and carry! Great "All Around" firearm !

17. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Mine would be and is the G23 & some conversion barrels to shoot 9 & .357

18. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Well-Known Member

One crap hits the fan have a G19 in hand

19. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Try to find a local range that rents Glocks...that's what I did !

20. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I would recommend 2 guns. I know you want one for all the roles but for uspsa you will want another gun to build up a little. If you can only have one I would recommend the g19 or g17 depending on how well you can conceal. Either one of those are great for protection and the 9mm is what you want for production division. Witch is what you will want to shoot with a stock gun.