Glock Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started shooting IDPA this past year with my carry gun (Sig P320) and I love it. I just got a new Glock 34 Gen 4 for Christmas as an upgrade for IDPA (my son will use the Sig).

What upgrades should I make to my new Glock 34 Gen 4 for IDPA and/or USPSA?

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
Depends on what Divisions you want to shoot. Class is classification, a shooter based percentage of your performance against all other shooters in you Class. Generally speaking, a G34 is USPSA Production Division and IDPA SSP Division. I would replace the sights with Heinies, Taran Tactical, or Dawson Precision, and a 3.5 lb connector. Other than that, fundamentals are much more important than gear, stance, grip, sight picture and trigger control. How many matches do you have under your belt?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, plan to shoot SSP in IDPA. I shot 6 matches last year. The fundamentals is mainly what I am working on but want to know what upgrades to my Glock 34 would be beneficial.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I started shooting IDPA this past year with my carry gun (Sig P320) and I love it. I just got a new Glock 34 Gen 4 for Christmas as an upgrade for IDPA (my son will use the Sig).

What upgrades should I make to my new Glock 34 Gen 4 for IDPA and/or USPSA?
When i upgraded mine i bought a glocktriggers.com competition trigger which came with a spring upgrade it also. I also changed the guide rod spring to one with less #. Made for a very smooth gun. Adding fiber optic sights is also a great add on

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this is older but for others. My upgrade recommendations would be extra magazines, ammo, great holster and targets so you can set up your own lanes and drills. If you don’t have great fundamentals s class will be the best upgrade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts