Idiot Sues Glock For His Own Stupidity

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Easy_CZ, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Easy_CZ

Easy_CZ Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

2. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

Glock sells polished or stainless barrels?

Easy_CZ likes this.

3. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

Doesn't look like oem barrel in the pick does it?

Easy_CZ likes this.
  4. g30shooter

g30shooter Well-Known Member

First, since this idiot seems to be suing everyone - why didn't he sue the idiot who owned the gun and handed it to him.

Second, I realized after reading the story a second time (I'm slow because of the hurricane), that this idiot is Rodney McDonald; Ronald McDonald's younger and even less intelligent brother! Ole Rodney was surprised and more than a little miffed because no flag with the word "Bang!" came out of the barrel ...

Ya can't make this sh!+ up!

Lucian_253 and Easy_CZ like this.
  5. 686ssr

686ssr Well-Known Member

glock.jpg GLOCK_22_GEN4.jpg wm_8401107.jpg Take a good look at the pistol on that website...esp. the caliber mark on the slide..

Which does it look like? ..Top pic with desert cam backround or the Bottom pic with lime green backround? Neither?

The Glock symbol on the slide is wrong, placed to far back, and canted left. "Austria" is bowed, Caliber marking is "40" and not "10mm Auto", What is that black barrel between the frame and the slide? The RSA is flush resting on the bottom? What's with the silver splintered barrel? This whole picture screams fake.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  6. GARRIGA

GARRIGA Well-Known Member

You'd think any modification could, would and should void all claims.

7. glocknutz

glocknutz Member

I think I missed some of the story or something. Why are we calling this guy an idiot?

8. g30shooter

Best I can tell, it has the markings of a Gen 4 Glock 35. On that model there is an extension to the frame beyond the end of the utility rail. However I would have thought that the RSA would have extended all the way to the end of that frame piece as it does in all other Glocks. I can't imagine how it would have failed and come to rest in that position. From the timing of the story, if it's a Gen 4 Glock 35 it would have to have been one of the first sold, since I think they were released between 2012 and 2013. Any historians out there that can fact check that?

9. g30shooter

Well I can only speak for myself, for me the first thing is the fact that he is suing everyone (which tells me he is fishing for deep pockets - I.e., money). Heck he's suing retail distributors of the products someone else purchased. Legally speaking, what's the cause for action. In tort law a party sued must be shown to have contributed in a material way to the wrong done. How is Cabela's liable in some way. In fact the buddy he borrowed the gun from is more proximate to the damage and should be the target since he was the owner of the equipment and responsible for its maintenance and safe operation. Why didn't he sue his buddy? Because he knows he won't get any money.

I'm not a rocket scientist, lawyer, or an armorer, but other than metallurgic failure the only reason I can think that a barrel would fail like it did in the picture would be if there was an obstruction. Did the gun have a failure just prior to this catastrophic failure? Was that cleared correctly?

Before anyone responds let me say, I realize many details are not included in the story. But as one other poster said, it just doesn't seem to add up .... unless something stupid was going on. Hmm bunch of guys out HUNTING and decided to start plinking ... not much of a hunter since every serious hunter knows not to fire indiscriminate rounds off where you plan to hunt - tends to scare the deer off and they pattern quickly and easily. Wonder if al-kee-hall might have been involved?

10. 686ssr

686ssr Well-Known Member

Yes it does look like a Glock 35....so he fired a 10mm out of a 40sw and plans to sue?

11. GARRIGA

Looks like a G35 Gen 4. If you zoom on the exploded gun it sure looks like 35 Gen4 and .40. Perhaps the owner added a 10mm barrel and hopefully proper springs.

Question. Would a 10mm mag fit? Otherwise ammo had to be chambered manually without magazine. Haven't held a 35 but guessing the 10mm slide would be wider and heavier. Based on difference between G20 and 23/27.

[​IMG][​IMG]

12. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight Well-Known Member

If this guy ran the wrong ammo, there's no basis for the lawsuit. If he didn't, then yeah, this will get traction.

13. SixG17s

SixG17s Well-Known Member

Can't run a 10mm in a 40S&W. Can't put a 10mm barrel or magazine in a small frame Glock. Can't put a 10mm round in a 40S&W magazine, the OAL is .080" longer. Interesting it did not KaBoom the frame, which is typical. Plus the article says "MacDonald was seriously injured, the lawsuit states, although the complaint does not detail his injuries." Hmmm, no medical documentation??? Dem Judges wants to see Dem Documentations! So his idiot friend hands his G35 to his other idiot friend and it semi KaBooms it with Buffalo Bore ammo? But they don't have the lot number? And all this happened 5 years ago....

686ssr and PattonWasRight like this.
  14. GARRIGA

I was being facetious about the barrel.

Point being. The plaintiff is either an idiot, the owner is an idiot or both or plaintiff got his ammo confused in his story. Wasted tax payer dollars on what appears to be frivolous.

15. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight Well-Known Member

If the gun was stock, and the ammo was correct & factory, I'm not seeing how he's an idiot. Not a lot of facts to call this one on.

g30shooter likes this.
  16. g30shooter

Am I the only one that considers it odd that the suit was filed in 2015 and the incident occurred in 2012? I'm telling you if the ALL the facts of this case were clear there would have been lawyers frothing at the mouth to take up the case and it wouldn't have taken three years to prepare - sounds to me like someone was trying to beat a statute of limitations.

And again maybe it's just me, but does it look like there is something either over the barrel end (compensator?) or something in it. I'll admit it could just be the picture but it looks odd.

Regardless, ladies and gentlemen, these are the kind of law suits that increase the price of guns and ammunition and reduce the level of personal responsibility the gun owner has for his/her own actions.

PS (edited in) BTW whether you refer to any of this as stupid or idiotic is certainly up for debate; and cooler heads such as Mt PattonWasRight might be right and might prevail. Certainly to his/her point if the claims are legitimate and the article is more a matter of bad journalism than anything else, Mr McDonald may have a case. However, for lack of a better term and if I am called to sit on the jury in this case, I'll stick with idiot ... at least until some better moniker is suggested.

17. SixG17s

It's a G35 Gen 4. No compensator, but it could have been an extended barrel, common for handgun hunting.

686ssr likes this.
  18. GARRIGA

I see your point. We could be placing too much emphasis on the article stating 10mm.

PattonWasRight and g30shooter like this.
  19. 686ssr

686ssr Well-Known Member

Going by what SixG said..basically that nothing fits swapped ..Then how did ths happen ?

"“The Plaintiff fired two shots from the gun without incident. On the third shot, the gun exploded/blew apart while the Plaintiff was holding the gun and firing it,” the lawsuit reads.

The third shot was said to kaboom.

20. SixG17s

You can have a KaBoom, even with factory ammo, not as common as reloads, but I've witnessed several 40S&W's KB, including an STI. Bullet setback, even by .060", can almost double the pressure.

686ssr likes this.